40's on IFS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm feeling cheap and don't want to spend $10,000 on an SAS swap. I may do it eventually but FTS sells a 12" kit with nice 2.0 shocks for about $5,700.... I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban K2500
so it's 3/4 ton parts. I'm planning on a 12" lift and 40x15.5R22 toyos and 22x14 Fuel Cleavers. what's your opinions on it? what's gonna wear out fast or often? what should I be concerned about?? I ritually maintain my truck so it'll be checked weekly for leaks or cracks and play in the bearings and ball joints. I also do minimum off-roading. dirt roads and sugar sand is about all it sees so it won't be wheeled hard, only use 4wd when I'm pulling someone out. 40" toyos in sugar sand shouldn't be a problem either

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm sorry but wow. 1. SAS is nowhere near 10k also nowhere near 5700. It can be done for a couple grand on up depending on how you do it. 2. That fts kit gains little to o ground clearance it all hangs down low to the ground and looks and functions terrible.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
So you'd spend almost $10,000 on an ifs lift when wheels and tires are included instead of SAS the first time. Lol

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol so ignorant, I don't have the capability of doing an SAS myself so no, it can't be done for a couple grand. second, I wouldn't be going cheap on it because it would be 1 ton front and rear swap on coilovers with 4 link all custom fab work done by my guy who's doing it for a fair price. and yeah, FTS is the only one who make a kit that big for mine and I don't want to do a body lift. obviously I don't care about the ground clearence when no matter what you put under a truck gains clearance, your tires add the height of clearence, the lift just makes it so you can run larger tires. you're kinda dumb for thinking of it that way because it would be $10K for IFS and wheels and tires instead of $15K for SAS and wheels and tires. so way to go, that was a really smart comment.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think idler's and pitmans wear pretty quickly on lifted IFS trucks.

Are you going to regear at least? Or is this going to be like one of those SEMA trucks?

thanks for the decent comment, and yeah I would be doing 5.13 to get it back to factory rpms and maybe a locker in the rear

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I advise strongly against this for the sole fact that those 40s will eat that ifs alive. Why so big?

sent from my glade air freshner

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I believe SkyHighColorado or something like that has 40's on his truck with the IFS.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I think shadowsreject or somthing like that is on 40s aswell

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk