4/6 drop questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlos S

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright sorry if this sounds dumb to you guys but just wondering if anyone knows if you put a 4/6 drop on a tahoe do you need to c notch it cause some of my buddies say yes some say no so im confused.................

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I recall, anything more than a 4" drop on the rear of a c1500, you need to notch. I know some don't, but it's an EXTREMELY rough ride. Through this knowledge, I'm going to say yes you do need to notch it. It just overall creates a smoother ride. What's your reasoning for not wanting to notch it?

Carlos S

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
o i dont mind lol i was just asking i was being lazy and didnt feel like doing it lol

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha, thats the exact reason I'm only 1/2 done my 5/7 drop. to lazy to notch the rear at the moment, so only the front is lowered :lol:

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You definetly have to notch OBS pickups to go 4/6 but I'm not too sure what all is needed to get 6" in the rear of a Hoe.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha, thats the exact reason I'm only 1/2 done my 5/7 drop. to lazy to notch the rear at the moment, so only the front is lowered :lol:

Be sure to notch the bed support over the rear pumpkin too or you will go bamm-bamm over bumps too.