4.3 Vortec Cheap Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
their posi units arent great but will last alot longer if they arent pushing 35s on a built truck like was stated before. you can pick up a 454 rear end if you can find one for some more strength and put an eaton trutrac in it.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on a lighter note, does any one know and engine mods i can throw at it? ive searched hard and pretty much the only fuel mod is getting a mercury marine intake.and i wana built a CAI since they're so pricey,but not sure on the best material to use

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has a factory cold air intake... Follow the ducting. If you want to do something buy a high flow filter for your oem box. A free flowing exhaust will help too.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well im trying to use all GM parts and not dish out the cash for an aftermarket piece.do you know if a 1999-2002 rearend will bolt in from a 2wd model bc i believe the 4WD rearend is wider

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99+ is 6 lug... If that bothers you :shrug: I'd just stay with 88-98 for simplicity in the swap. But yes a 4wd rear is 3" wider.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you're totally right i forgot the 99+ 1/2 tons are 6 lug. well as far as that goes do you think 99+ front spindles will bolt up to our a-arms that way i could have 6 lug all way around?

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want to swap I believe you can just change the rotors for 6 lugs

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
E fan for sure and tune from black bear for sure higher stall.. The list goes onn an on bud but like i said e fan and tune needs to be your next mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free