4.3 haters.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
They sell all kinds of performance parts for the non vortec 4.3 if thats what you have? As for the vortec your limited to a gas saver cam, throttle body spacer, intake manifold spacer, and cat back exhaust.. maybe a chip, and a K&N filter.. Options are slim cause it has sooo many sensors for the air fuel mixture.. and an exact pressure fuel system. Most GMT400s have a $25 fuel pump.. mines $260.. I hate the lack of performance parts available for these motors :(

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree. Its not only lack ther of but price. If you see it for a 350 you mine as well add another 100$ for the v6.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if it aint pumpin 8 cylinders i dont want it in a full size pick up,,unless of course ita cummins lol
nothin against a 4.3 but i dont like the way they sound period
all sound the same to me
its gota have that mean rumble to it,,now if its a car i can stand a v6 but not in my truck

Reaction score
I dont get why chevy didnt give the SS way more power than they did, if it was a limited deal... Go all out like every other brand..

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if it aint pumpin 8 cylinders i dont want it in a full size pick up,,unless of course ita cummins lol
all sound the same to me
its gota have that mean rumble to it,,now if its a car i can stand a v6 but not in my truck

I thats how alot of guys feel. I will have to post a sound vid of mine up so you can hear it. I like to think it sounds good. But I dnt rly like a clean sound I like a raspy kinda growl.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would be pretty damn cool!

290 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque for the Vortec 454 vs. 255 hp and 385 lb-ft for the '93 TBI 454SS. It'd be cool.

all sound the same to me

Honestly, when I was shopping for my truck eons ago, it had to be a V8 truck. I wouldn't take a V6. The #1 reason is because of the sound. I would just rather have the V8 rumble over the V6 buzz.

Reaction score
Id like to have a 350, dont get me wrong.. but the lil 6 has a deep voice, till ya stomp it.. then you can tell its still in puberty.lol

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thats how alot of guys feel. I will have to post a sound vid of mine up so you can hear it. I like to think it sounds good. But I dnt rly like a clean sound I like a raspy kinda growl.

I've heard some 4.3s that sound pretty decent at low RPMs. Almost to the point of sounding like a V8. But once you put your foot into it, there's no mistaking the true identity.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id like to have a 350, dont get me wrong.. but the lil 6 has a deep voice, till ya stomp it.. then you can tell its still in puberty.lol

lol but its all in the echo of your pipes and stuff. Ive herd some pretty throaty v6's.