383 swap for 94 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20nmichalski

Reaction score
I’m looking to swap my old tired 350 for a 383 from blueprint. I'm curious as to what I would need to do to make sure the drive train could handle the swap. It has 60e. I was wondering if I should also swap the tranny for the 80e and if I should swap the rear end and if so what would you recommend. I'm also curious as to what headers I should use, I would like some ****** headers but I don't know what would work with the motor and will fit at the same time. If there is anything else I should worry about with the swap too I would love to know.
I also heard of a guy that did this swap and used a built a Monster Transmissions 4l60e that was built. Any thoughts on that?

Last edited:

Manimal

Banned
Reaction score
I myself do not like the 60e in any way shape or form, some have had great luck with them, but not me. If you have the budget, go for the 80e or a manual trans.
The 10 bolt is fine if youre not beating on it HARD, you can always find a 6 lug semi float 14 bolt and swap it in.
Headers, I dont have any info for that. But I do believe there is a thread about exhaust.

reservoir dog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am very interested in this swap as well. Are you keeping the TBI and factory ECM

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. $6200 sounds like a lot, but I have almost $5000 in my 350 with a Sniper, and I did all the work myself. It's not a bad deal.