350 tbi torque how much can i produce?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not so sure the TPI would be required here. A decent dual plane intake and spacer/adapter would more than likely fit the bill.

I would like to say thank you to both of you!! and agreed slowburb. So you guys agreed i could make around 370 torque around 2800-3000 rpm? and just out of curiosity how much horse power would i make? i care a little more about torque being it is a 4x4 and towing application.

Also ccreddell you said you ran a lt1 cam how is that for low end mid range torque? and i no next to nothing about tuning so how hard is it to do?

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I don't like to claim certain numbers. A respectable cam and matched springs on a set of good vortecs with full roller rockers, a good vortec intake manifold and worked over bigblock TBI, & the supporting fuel system and computer mods will be night and day from a slug of a of a TBI 350.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Even the 4.3 doesn't get that good in town. That guy is full of it haha.

mistaake

Reaction score
since when every Tbi truck I or my family and friends have owned has gotten no less than 20 mpg around town. I'm guessing you have a bit of a lead foot haha

WHAT!!!?? Are you blowing them from behind with a fan while towing it with a Prius? 20MPG city!? that's not normal. Mine gets like 12MPG probably would get 15-16MPG 100% highway at 55MPH with no stopping.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
actually my current 5.7 4x4 i average 17, and one time hauling a boat up to torch lake i got 15 in 4th going 60..... that was premium

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not so sure the TPI would be required here. A decent dual plane intake and spacer/adapter would more than likely fit the bill.

Thats what I'm running. I did the Ultimate TBI mods on the stock 5.7 throttle body and it pulls to about 5200...

Also ccreddell you said you ran a lt1 cam how is that for low end mid range torque? and i no next to nothing about tuning so how hard is it to do?

Its a full roller cam and seems to do quite well. As far as tuning, I was a newbie 2 months ago, but seem to be getting a handle on it. Its pulling hard, idling fine and getting high teens low 20s in mixed driving.

If i do roller cam is it worth to go to roller rockers as well?

I did. I like them. Anything you can do to enhance efficiency, will help MPG and HP.