350 tbi torque how much can i produce?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys look at my sig for information but i have a 350 tbi and i haul a boat around and an enclosed trailer from time to time and i want more of a fun dd as well. I want to keep it a 350 for gas millage but how much torque can i make with a stock bottom end i would like to be around 360 fl/lbs-370 around 3000rpms. is it possible with dart heads cam and headers? any input would be great

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
To the wheels? Or crank? Tbi engines don't get good mileage anyway.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
You're vague in describing the heads/cam, so it's a little tough to say. If said "parts" were optimized for a lower compression truck motor, looking for peak torque and power within your usable powerband, and also provided you could "fuel" and "spark" it adequately, then yes, I'd say you would be in the ballpark of a hair over a horse per cube.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i understand i was vague but i was wondering if it is at all possible to make a 350 tbi have 360 foot/pounds of torque at the flywheel i would use dart 165 intake runners with 67 cc combustion chambers, comp cam 12-304-4....201/206 at 50, shorty headers (dont feel like redoing exhaust again), modified throttle body and chip by a local tuner.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, you can. But you don't need to get too fancy. Vortec heads (will give you a little compression), a TPI, and an EBL with a decent cam and headers will get you real close. I run the LT1 roller cam myself, and I feel I'm getting close to that, and I don't have the TPI yet.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I'd take and use GM vortec castings over those dart 165cc/67cc heads any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, you can. But you don't need to get too fancy. Vortec heads (will give you a little compression), a TPI, and an EBL with a decent cam and headers will get you real close. I run the LT1 roller cam myself, and I feel I'm getting close to that, and I don't have the TPI yet.

okay i was talking to some people that tried running vortec heads with a tbi set up and it was a real ***** to tune and liked to run rich. How does you truck do with those heads and not to sound like a newbie but i never heard of the term EBL...

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

and are you saying convert to TPI?

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I'm not so sure the TPI would be required here. A decent dual plane intake and spacer/adapter would more than likely fit the bill.