350 TBI to 350 VORTEC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just got a 96 suburban but the motor siezed. im gunna put the 350 tbi out of my 94 sierra in. i just want to know if it will work or what will i need to do. thanks!

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
well you may want to get a new vortec. the 350 tbi uses a lower fuel pressure than the vortec so you need to change the pump to a pump that is for the 94. you need the pcm and the proper o2 sensors i believe. i looked into putting a vortec in my 94 and once i found out all this i figure i better look into a 383 instead. so maybe you might want to check out a pick and pull for a vortec motor. i could be wrong but thats what is needed to go from tbi to vortec so id say its the opposite for you

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
To put a TBI engine in a Vortec truck is going backwards. Your Stock vortec intake and related accessories will not bolt onto the TBI heads. You would have to take the heads off the vortec engine (if they are still good) and put them on the TBI engine so the intake and stuff will bolt right back up.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Ohhhh WOOOPS. yea this is going backwards, Clap the cam and heads out of your vortec into the TBI engine.

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright thats what i figured was to swap the heads and stuff. well i know where i could possible get a 95 vortec engine but it will probably need a rebuild ile look into it some more and keep you all posted. thanks

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
The vortec engine was not introduced until 96. The 95 had a TBI engine.

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm well the trucks a 95 and my truck broke down out at there farm and when i went to pull the alternator to use it on my truck it was a vortec, weird