Lazer welders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with lazer welders? I just recently saw one being used by a youtuber. Is it something fairly new? The one the guy used lays down a continuous bead on sheet metal. Also it has a lazer scaler that blasts rust and corrosion away from thin or thick metal. Quite a nice piece for a home shop.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know they are really expensive compared to a mig/stick welder. Looks like very promising tech if you do a lot of "rustorations".

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I saw, I am impressed with how well it does with body panel welding. Instead of doing many spot welds with a mig, this does weld seams on the same material. The lazer blasting of scale and rust from sheet metal and frame rails is really impressive to me. Futuristic like. I'm not interested in one for my shop but some guys who do more metal work at home might be. I did a quick search for lazer welders and found several in the $5 to 7 hundred range. I'm sure there are probably some more costly.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ones they use for rust removal are pretty powerful, I was thinking they are close to 10k.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez