340lph Fuel Pump Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed a 340lph Quantum fuel pump last night into my 1999 K1500 Suburban Delphi canister. The install went very smoothly and I decided to pull the brass venturi pump barb out of the delphi pump and install it into the new pump.
It works very well, but it is sucking the bucket dry after WOT for around 7 seconds. I'm not sure if this is because of the venturi pump or what. I may drop the tank again and remove the barb and line for the venturi pump to see how it does. Any other suggestions? I don't really like the idea of cutting up my fuel bucket and not being able to run below a quarter tank.
Quantum does offer the same pump as a drop in assembly with a canister of their own design that does away with the venturi setup. Worst case I'll just swap it out for that if I cant figure something out.

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I wanna help but i still feel like i did something wrong on mine lol

What I did was make sure it was hooked up exactly like the original pump was. Venturi line, wiring, big fuel hose connection and all

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I wanna help but i still feel like i did something wrong on mine lol

What I did was make sure it was hooked up exactly like the original pump was. Venturi line, wiring, big fuel hose connection and all
That's how I did mine, unfortunately it didnt turn out well.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone explain about this "brass venturi" and "venturi line"?

Well to some it up. I'm no expert but we did use this in plumbing. I believe the venturi is made so as fuel pushes it sucks fuel as a return line. Most venturi systems work this way. Dentist tools, spray bottle, fuel system, ect. I'm no engineer but I remember hearing about it from my master plumber and I remember when my fuel pump crapped out reading about how this system works

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Basic diagrams