340lph Fuel Pump Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the purpose of the venturi is to use return flow to fill the bucket.

I believe so yes but take that with a grain of salt. Venturi is the name of the system. So as pressure pushes fuel up it creates a suction with pulls fuel back.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the purpose of the venturi is to use return flow to fill the bucket.

I don't think it is return fuel but fuel directly from the pump. The pump appears to have two outlets and one goes to the 'diverter pipe' that leads to the venturi.
In the schematic there is only one pump outlet and it looks to split and divert a percentage of flow toward the venturi.

Venturis are common on RWD cars with a saddle tank disrupted by a transmission tunnel. There, fuel pumped from one side of the tank draws via a venturi fuel from the other side to balance the flow from both sides of the tank.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I checked the diagram again and see it now, the split up top. Looks like the sock is for the bucket, not necessarily just the pump. I wonder what percentage of flow it bleeds off.

Last edited: