3/4 ton springs???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iowa98Gmc

Reaction score
I've been looking at putting 3/4 ton springs or an Add-A-Leaf under my 98 Z71 for quite some time. I want more load capacity and also just want it to sit up a little higher. Whats everybody's experience with either? And also with the rear end going up a little can i compensate with just cranking the torsion keys to keep it level or do i need to go a different route?

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
A lot of people to the 3/4 ton springs and some do the add a leaf id personaly do the 3/4 ton springs and yes most people can crank level all depends if your trucks been cranked and how weak the rear springs are

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I swapped them in on mine. Raised the rear just about 2 1/2 inches. Probably my favorite mod to date. Helps relieve the squat when towing heavy like I do often!

You must be registered for see images attach

1/2 ton springs with empty trailer she used to squat

Same trailer when empty and 3/4 ton springs

Iowa98Gmc

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys!! Whats going to be the best thing to do for the front end to keep it level? Crank the t bars up? Or is that to much stress? I have the t bars maxed on my 2500 but I don't care AS much about that truck. Also Kyle97GMC where did you get the tow mirrors? Those look sweet!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
only two ways to get the front end up--- crank or an actual differential drop lift like an RCX. If cranking doesn't work, you'll have to put a lift in.

But really, I think you could put 3/4 ton springs in, but keep in mind that not all have the same number of springs, (I think they range from 5 to 7 pack) and crank the front to help match. And if you can't crank it enough a lil rake never looked bad anyways.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Like Charles said the only thing you could do for the front is crank or real lift. Thanks man! I got my mirrors from EBAY. Just type in your year truck tow mirrors and a bunch will come up!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I guess this is the way Im going to go then ha. Kyle I saw you have the black bear tune. What do you think of it?

It is amazing! I had a Hypertech Programmer before and this blows it out of the water! I can pull on new 5.3s, Fords, and Dodges even some diesels. Little ricer cars just give chase haha. At like half throttle it will spin the tires and from a stop will chirp them every time from if I punch it......... BUT driving like that blew my tranny in three weeks and I just got a new one but I'm going to get it re tuned to soften up the shifts and put that part a little more stock because I'm pretty sure that's what did my tranny in haha

Iowa98Gmc

Reaction score
Yeah i have a superchip right now... Not worth it at all haha. I can tell a difference in power but still feels like it is lacking something.