3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a C clamp over the metering valve and the combination valve body and kept that closed. Now when I pump the brakes I have zero fluid coming out of it - win! But overall the brakes are still incredibly spongy.

I’m going to break out the wallet wrench and take the L on this one. It’s going to Vaessen’s this week. I can’t keep sinking two days here and there into this thing. It needs to be mobile soon. Ashley and I have other projects we need to do, I need to get the ‘94 going, and I’m still slammed with work.

I’m stumped. I also feel like a moron because this has beaten me.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a C clamp over the metering valve and the combination valve body and kept that closed. Now when I pump the brakes I have zero fluid coming out of it - win! But overall the brakes are still incredibly spongy.

I’m going to break out the wallet wrench and take the L on this one. It’s going to Vaessen’s this week. I can’t keep sinking two days here and there into this thing. It needs to be mobile soon. Ashley and I have other projects we need to do, I need to get the ‘94 going, and I’m still slammed with work.

I’m stumped. I also feel like a moron because this has beaten me.
Mate, there is no shame in that. A man has to know his limits and we can't know everything, all of the time.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might have made some progress. I re-bled the MC with the help of Ashley. First I capped both ports then had her pump. Got some bubbles out. Then I installed some bleeder lines I made and had her pump some more. We got more fluid out.

Truck off: noticeably firmer
Truck on: also noticeably firmer but still squishy. Now we need to bleed each corner again and hopefully it will be good.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure you're aware of them but a power bleeder made bleeding lines on my suburban a breeze. I'm sure the MC would still require bench bleed. Motive products is the one I went with.

Sometimes the win provided by the wallet wrench is necessary and no cause for shame either.

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might have made some progress. I re-bled the MC with the help of Ashley. First I capped both ports then had her pump. Got some bubbles out. Then I installed some bleeder lines I made and had her pump some more. We got more fluid out.

Truck off: noticeably firmer
Truck on: also noticeably firmer but still squishy. Now we need to bleed each corner again and hopefully it will be good.
Here's the section from the manual for reference, also a pic of the combination valve

Attachments

• BrakeBleeding.pdf
    319 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you're aware of them but a power bleeder made bleeding lines on my suburban a breeze. I'm sure the MC would still require bench bleed. Motive products is the one I went with.

Sometimes the win provided by the wallet wrench is necessary and no cause for shame either.
I’ve not seen that specific one. I had the mytee vac and wasn’t impressed. I’d be willing to try out the one you mentioned though.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score