3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh, yes. I’ve always referred to them as shake-proof washers. I’ve got a ton of those from last summer. Always put them with my ground hardware.

They came in real handy when I was replacing the master cylinders on my old truck by myself. I put one under the bolt head and didn't need to have someone hold it while I tightened it.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brakes this weekend. Drivers drum was stuck on there good. Finally got it off though. And to my surprise - a pile of grease and brake material on the axle tube. Everything on the brakes looks dry, axle seal is weeping. Will tackle this when do my fluid exchange and have room to pull the shaft.
You must be registered for see images attach

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Brakes this weekend. Drivers drum was stuck on there good. Finally got it off though. And to my surprise - a pile of grease and brake material on the axle tube. Everything on the brakes looks dry, axle seal is weeping. Will tackle this when do my fluid exchange and have room to pull the shaft.

8 Lug semi floater? They do exist! How strange.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes sir! Is the semi floater a pre 96 thing?
Mmmmm I don’t think so. I think it’s more of a drivetrain thing. @Road Trip has a C2500 with a 454 and has a FF. I’ve seen other Vortec trucks with SF.

Me, heh, I’m stuck in the TBI world. Until I get an 8.1 box truck, daily that for 5 years, then swap it into a crewy long.