2wd to 4wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98CHEVY-1500

Reaction score
Good deal man, I've lifted a few 4x2's due to needing the clearance(like when working around rail yards). It's also nice to have when ya gotta crawl under there....I can always tell when I've gone too far, my belly gets hung up somewhere. Are you planning on the pre-runner look or the baja/trophy truck look?
i agree. im kinda stocky too. and about the prerunner thing...nobody will explain it to me. so i couldnt tell you.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well technically a pre-runner is pretty much leveled out, where the front is same height as back....baja/trophy truck is where front is higher than the back. Some people on here also call it a cali-lean.

98CHEVY-1500

Reaction score
oh well in that case, neither...im just lifting and callin it done. its just gonna be a lifted truck. not really a descriptive name for it.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well post pics before and after, I like seeing lifted 4x2s. Our 2wds that aren't just for show are really too low in the front, atleast for some of our roads....dips in the road make them go *boing boing boing.....bonk* I hate hearing that sound.

Those names are actually just the style of how the truck sits after lift, not actually a name for the truck itself. I was asking so I could get an idea of how much lift you're going for........pics will be cool. If you can get belly/stocky body space, then it's worth it!!!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alright guys thanks for all the help especially bluex. ive decided to throw a rough country 4" under her and not care what anybody has to say about it....oh and a K&N cold air intake.

Good for you, glad I gave you the confidence to give the world the finger! :lol:

no. im not selling the truck. i like the truck. im overlooking the fact that its a 2wd and im seeing how good the truck actually is. I LOVE IT!

Thats the main thing right there. You have a good truck that you like so do with it what you want. If anyone you dont know asks if its 4wd, just say of course it is. If they actually look under and wanna say something, start ranting about the SOB that sold it to you being a liar or something.....

Prerunner:

You must be registered for see images

It is basically a cheaper built truck that desert running teams use to pre run the course so they dont tear up the race truck....

98CHEVY-1500

Reaction score
oh okay i got it now...no im not doin a prerunner. im just going to build my truck how i want it...good advice bluex!just tell them to f off....and go :yourself:!!!! good thanks man!

Reaction score
I realize this thread is almost 6 years old but heres pics of the 2wd rough country lift on my 99 with 275/65/20s. Had 305/35/24 before with 2/4" drop

You must be registered for see images attach