2wd to 4wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced thanks man. I like your thought on this...I'm lifting and f anybody if you think I'm stupid for lifting a 2wd!

No problem, I learned a while ago that in this hobby if your always trying to do something that's trendy or to win shows you will never be happy. Do what you want and when someone says "why would you lift a 2wd?" Look at them and say "why not?"

The plus side to keeping your truck and lifting it is that if you change your mind you can go from lifted to slammed in one weekend....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. What do you mean by slammed? And can you explain what an sas is? Is it a straight axel?

slammed = lowered, or low rider if you want.

A SAS (Solid Axle Swap) is the only way you could make your truck a 4x4. You would need the axle, swap kit, trans and t-case, and front driveshaft. A lot of work if your just after the look of a 4x4. There is way to much different between the frames to do the IRS without dropping a fortune....

98CHEVY-1500

Reaction score
alright guys thanks for all the help especially bluex. ive decided to throw a rough country 4" under her and not care what anybody has to say about it....oh and a K&N cold air intake.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Good deal man, I've lifted a few 4x2's due to needing the clearance(like when working around rail yards). It's also nice to have when ya gotta crawl under there....I can always tell when I've gone too far, my belly gets hung up somewhere. Are you planning on the pre-runner look or the baja/trophy truck look?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
but id get a lot of crap about it. ive thought about lifting it but everybody keeps saying not to lift a 2wd. i found a 4" lift for $150 from rough country...

Can you provide the link for the 4" front lift? I don't see ANY kind of front lift for the 88-98 on their site. Thanks.