2wd to 4wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98CHEVY-1500

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 1998 chevy c1500 sidestep w/ 2wd and i really dont like it that way. how hard is it to convert to 4wd? how much would it cost? thanks in advance guys!

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 1998 chevy c1500 sidestep w/ 2wd and i really dont like it that way. how hard is it to convert to 4wd? how much would it cost? thanks in advance guys!

LOL IN MY OPINION ID SELL THE TRUCK AND BUY A 4X4, ALOT OF WORK AND MONEY WILL BE INVOLVED AND IF ITS YOUR DAILY THERE WILL BE SOME DOWN TIME.. YOU CN GO TO THE JUNK YARD AND GET ALL THE IFS SUSPENSION BUT IF YOUR GOING TO DO ALL THAT WORK ID GO WITH A SAS (I MY SELF WANT ONE BAD!!!)

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IF YOU WONT USE THE 4X4 MUCH AND WANT THE LOOK OF A 4X4 YOU CAN ALWAYS LIFT YOUR TRUCK A LIL AND RUN 33S OR 35S.. IT WILL LOOK MOSTLY THE SAME JUST NOT 4X4

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
LOL IN MY OPINION ID SELL THE TRUCK AND BUY A 4X4, ALOT OF WORK AND MONEY WILL BE INVOLVED AND IF ITS YOUR DAILY THERE WILL BE SOME DOWN TIME.. YOU CN GO TO THE JUNK YARD AND GET ALL THE IFS SUSPENSION BUT IF YOUR GOING TO DO ALL THAT WORK ID GO WITH A SAS (I MY SELF WANT ONE BAD!!!)

First, take the caps lock off. After you do that sit here and read what I am about to say. They are different frames and the only way to make it a 4wd is to do a SAS.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but id get a lot of crap about it. ive thought about lifting it but everybody keeps saying not to lift a 2wd. i found a 4" lift for $150 from rough country...

It's your truck, why give a f*ck what others think.

That said if you need the 4x4 trade/sell your truck for a different one. If you just want the look then lift your current truck and to hell with what anyone else says....

98CHEVY-1500

Reaction score
It's your truck, why give a f*ck what others think.

That said if you need the 4x4 trade/sell your truck for a different one. If you just want the look then lift your current truck and to hell with what anyone else says....
I'm convinced thanks man. I like your thought on this...I'm lifting and f anybody if you think I'm stupid for lifting a 2wd!