2001 5.3/4l60e swap into 1996 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, only got a little bit done in the last couple of days. Turned out I had some sort of heat exhaustion for a couple of days. Anyways, I moved the cross member forward and mounted the trans that way. The main bolt that holds the trans to the crossmember is missing, does anyone know what size bolt that would be?

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Dgonz , could you post some pictures of your engine bay so I can use it as a reference
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, computer is at the tuners place now. Waiting for the v8 mounts to come in, and then im gonna put the engine in. i feel like the wiring is whats gonna kill me here
Wiring looks more intimidating than it actually is. Take all the loom and tape off the harness, and place in an open area like a table, work bench floor. Don't have any interuptions. I can not stress enough how Lt1swap.com was very detailed. Also you have a bunch of YouTube videos on it. Basically, you will be removing each pin that a wire goes to on the red and blue connectors. Those are the ones not needed. Then you follow the wires that are in the harness and pull them out. I did one by one. Then label the ones needed. Btw before I even started modding the harness, I had my engine on a stand and plugged the untouched harness to all the sensors, and labeled them that way.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the engine mount. Need to come forward about an 3/4 an inch, then driveshaft will go in. Lots of long days but i hope it will be worth it.
Nice work dude ! It me Almost a year on and off and only weekends to do mine.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the harness in my basement all labeled up and ready to get modified. Waiting for the computer to get back. I've got a laundry list of things to do so it's taking a toll on me motivationally. My last engine swap was in my 1981 El Camino, and the engine would not run, like it skipped a cam tooth.
anyways, I sold it. About a week later I hear it only needed new plugs and a smaller carb. Really regret selling that car. With the money from the el camino, I bought the truck. It was an abandoned vehicle, stacked with clothes so high you couldn't see out the passenger window. They were moving and decided to sell it because they couldn't afford to fix it. It needed a distributor and injectors. This is it when I bought it. Only 200$
then I lowered it,
and then here we are today
it's just really draining on me. I work usually 50 hours a week and work sometimes till 4 in the morning. I had some sort of heat exhaustion too so I couldn't work on it. Anyways, here's where the engine is now.
the cold air intake tube blocks the upper rad so I have to do the filter like you did somehow, which means I gotta do electric fans.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's my fear is that I'll take a running truck, tear it down and then get overwhelmed and lose interest.
Don't lose focus man, you're so close to complete badassery.

I little video you bring your spirits back up

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's my fear is that I'll take a running truck, tear it down and then get overwhelmed and lose interest.
Don't lose focus man, you're so close to complete badassery.

I little video you bring your spirits back up

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Holy crap ! So you are the Red Hoonigan ! Love the YouTube vids. Your truck sounds Bad A** and runs hard

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No no, my apologies. I am not the red hoonigan. I should've stated that it wasn't my video. Truck is just so bad a** that its hard not make anyone want to ls swap one after watching some of his videos.

Last edited:

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the harness in my basement all labeled up and ready to get modified. Waiting for the computer to get back. I've got a laundry list of things to do so it's taking a toll on me motivationally. My last engine swap was in my 1981 El Camino, and the engine would not run, like it skipped a cam tooth.
anyways, I sold it. About a week later I hear it only needed new plugs and a smaller carb. Really regret selling that car. With the money from the el camino, I bought the truck. It was an abandoned vehicle, stacked with clothes so high you couldn't see out the passenger window. They were moving and decided to sell it because they couldn't afford to fix it. It needed a distributor and injectors. This is it when I bought it. Only 200$
then I lowered it,
and then here we are today
it's just really draining on me. I work usually 50 hours a week and work sometimes till 4 in the morning. I had some sort of heat exhaustion too so I couldn't work on it. Anyways, here's where the engine is now.
the cold air intake tube blocks the upper rad so I have to do the filter like you did somehow, which means I gotta do electric fans.
Lol, that's similar to my purchase of the truck. They original owner I got it from didn't want to junk it, I told her I am staying with it as a along term project. I only paid $250 for it. But after selling the old blown 4.3 and bad 4l60e trans, rims and tires, i made $250 !! So truck was free ! I

Dude I was in the same boat. But after 3 attempts at turning the key, it turned on. All the hours modding with the harness, trial and error, getting different size serpentine belt a for clearance, paid off. You have to triple check your grounds, that's what delayed me the most. Also how much time has passed since you started the swap?