2001 5.3/4l60e swap into 1996 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it was a 4.3 v6. I'm gonna take a look at how to get the bolts off, seems like itd be pretty hard. I've seen people take a step drill bit and widen some of the factory holes to get the bolts through. I might go that route, holes are everywhere anyways. I think the real fun part will be the wiring harness. Its coming along, but its definitely gonna nickel and dime me to death.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone found a set of longtubes for the 5.3 that fit in an obs truck?

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it was a 4.3 v6. I'm gonna take a look at how to get the bolts off, seems like itd be pretty hard. I've seen people take a step drill bit and widen some of the factory holes to get the bolts through. I might go that route, holes are everywhere anyways. I think the real fun part will be the wiring harness. Its coming along, but its definitely gonna nickel and dime me to death.
To remove motor mount V6 brackets, once engine removed, have some one hold a wrench on the top part of frame where the V6 bracket and you can go under the frame and have Access in between the control arm and frame to remove V6 brackets. No need to remove lower control arms to gain access. Then put regular V8 mounts and ur ready to drop in the 5.3 and 4L60 with the dingo mounts.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you go through the upper or lower arm to get access?
Lower. It's not hard but I would recommend having a second person, PB blaster and an impact gun along with some eye protection. Ask me how I know !!

Last edited:

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Btw, is yours 5.3 a drive by wire or a drive by cable?

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just not long enough?
V6, if I remember correctly, is too long of a cable. The Tahoe cable should be cheap at ur local u pull it. Also did you get all engine accessories and uncut wire harness for the engine?