2001 5.3/4l60e swap into 1996 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it's all in a box everythings there, nothing's cut. Just don't know how I can get rid of the stock black box and wires.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it's all in a box everythings there, nothing's cut. Just don't know how I can get rid of the stock black box and wires.
U have to take off all the tape, and wire loom. U can temporary then take up the bunch of wires that were in the loom with blue painters tape. Then wire by wire, remove each pin from each PCM connector. I removed about 30 wires. It actually easy I just time consuming. Took me a few hours. There are you tube videos on LS truck harness wire removals. I kept black LS fuse box.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So essentially I take the pins out of the sensors / starter in the pcm and transfer it over to the 411 pcm? Then the rest of the old wiring harness can be deleted?

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So essentially I take the pins out of the sensors / starter in the pcm and transfer it over to the 411 pcm? Then the rest of the old wiring harness can be deleted?
Take pins out of LS red and blue connector plugs. I wouldn't necessarily remove old wiring harness till you get the 5.3 in there working and running

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, got the motor mounts out. Thanks for the advice, came out easily. Now for the harnesses. I think im gonna go through each harness and label each wire, at tackle it that way. What does vats do exacty?

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, got the motor mounts out. Thanks for the advice, came out easily. Now for the harnesses. I think im gonna go through each harness and label each wire, at tackle it that way. What does vats do exacty?
Glad I could help. VATS, vehicle anti theft system. If you don't have that removed from the ECU, u can not start the truck once everything is in. About wire labels, Actually, yes!! Label all wires u will need. Alot of wires, plugs and some sensors will be removed. I don't have emissions in my state so I opted out to have rear O2 sensors removed and i have NO cats. U have to follow the steps of guide in lt1swap.com. if you have the ECU sent out to Brendan from that website, I recommend adding fan 1, and fan 2 to the pins outs, if you go with electric fans. His turn around time is about 10 days. Also I recommend you going with an LS1 style temp sensor with 3 wires as it's easier to connect to ur garage cluster. Once you trim down the harness, u can play with it and extend it to where u can have the LS ECU in the cab. Some guys do some sick wire tucks that you can't see an wires. One guy made a hole on the center of the firewall and ran the ECU in the cab, that was one clean set up. Mine is mounted in the engine bay

Last edited:

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, computer is at the tuners place now. Waiting for the v8 mounts to come in, and then im gonna put the engine in. i feel like the wiring is whats gonna kill me here

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the engine mount. Need to come forward about an 3/4 an inch, then driveshaft will go in. Lots of long days but i hope it will be worth it.
You must be registered for see images attach