2001 5.3/4l60e swap into 1996 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little update:
Found out my starter was fried (just my luck) so i went and got a new starter. the old computer is still connected to the fuse block but all the sensors are unplugged hanging over the side of the truck.
Now heres the interesting part. I can only get the starter to engage by jumping the terminals on the starter itself with a screw driver.
I am using the old solenoid wire from the old fuseblock/computer but it wont turn the starter.
Also to add to things, my fuel pump started to prime, and would only do it about half of the time when i turn the key, now it does nothing.
And lastly i have a question about the stock fuseblock. What points do i give constant 12v to and what do i give switched 12v to?

A)
You must be registered for see images attach
B)

C)

thanks for all the help! @Dgonz
Did you have the VATS removed from the ECU? It's been a while. I don't remember off the top of my head and it's raining outside now for me to look under the hood of my truck for the junction box wiring. Please check the link below. It's should answer a few of your questions. Hope it helps.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/934675-wiring-up-underhood-fuse-block.html

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright i figured it out, i needed to connect the pin A9 in the c1 fuseblock to switched power to get the engine to run. After that, fuel pump kicked on and she started right up. Anyways, i wont be running it more than a couple of seconds until i get my trans lines in.. which leads me to me next set of to do lists. You can find the initial start up here:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright i figured it out, i needed to connect the pin A9 in the c1 fuseblock to switched power to get the engine to run. After that, fuel pump kicked on and she started right up. Anyways, i wont be running it more than a couple of seconds until i get my trans lines in.. which leads me to me next set of to do lists. You can find the initial start up here:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Congrats dude ! If the funds allow it, try to do a separate trans cooler. I haven't done mine yet. It's helps the 4l60e cooling down better. I ran rubber lines from my trans to the radiator.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, I have a really large tranny cooler. Just needs plumbed in. Derale makes some good kits.

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to have to run electric fans, the filter wont fit with the clutch fan on it. I'm most likely gonna hit the junkyard next week looking for some. Now that i think about it, i could have just ran a smaller filter, but that would have been too easy..

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check Craigslist too, I don't know about your neck of the woods but around here there's always someone parting out an avalanche or suburban.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am running and late 90's two speed Volvo fan. Same as a Taurus/Mark VIII fan but with a shroud and fan controller. I trimmed the original 4.3 shroud as well for better fitment. It moves alot of air even on low speed. I forgot to have my ECU programmed for fan 2, unfortunately. Mine kicks on as it should and on super hot days, it doesn't go pass 200 degrees