2000 OBS 2500 2wd crew cab with broke 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing some stuff but besides the bad motor, all I'm seeing is dents and dings. There are always less expensive solutions. I personally wouldn't buy anything I know I couldn't repair myself or get repaired for a reasonable price

Sent while pulling out a Ford

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what do you guys pay for trucks? Anything around here that isn't rusted out is atleast $3K no matter what year or miles.
This truck doesn't look rusted out from what I can see.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
So what do you guys pay for trucks? Anything around here that isn't rusted out is atleast $3K no matter what year or miles.

Well, right now, I'm waiting for a guy to get back to me on a 97 ecsb z71 for $1500. Seems like a fake ad but the area code and number are actually for the area the truck is supposed to be in. Most fake ads have a weird area code for like Washington or something and I look in the eastern Carolina area. I'll start a new thread here and get a verdict

Sent while pulling out a Ford

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I buy and sell all of the time. I've never paid more than $1200 for a broken GMT400. I'm also very selective. That being said my situation is different than yours. I won't buy something that I can't make at least $1000 on, running or not. I also won't buy anything beyond 180k miles because of the difficulty in finding a buyer. If you blue book that same truck with those miles and then book it again at 150k you will find that the difference is minimal.
Even if I had the engine sitting in my garage and could get it for $1000, I would pass.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just for grins, I booked it in West Virginia with a couple of assumptions based upon its options at fair value and it came to $5021. I did the same options at 150K and it was $5352. Why buy with that high of a mileage?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've never paid more than a grand for parts trucks and that includes running, driving, some with good bodies and interiors...including big block trucks. Now I understand that in rust areas a truck with a good (non-rusted, mostly straight) body commands a premium but a dented truck with a bad engine and nearly 300K miles isn't a 2K truck. Also it's a 4X2 and in rust areas I do believe a 4X4 is the money getter.

Pay what you like; I'm just looking at it for what it is and I personally would offer about $500, if I thought he wouldn't take it I wouldn't bother and just look for something else.

Richard

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
My Suburban was $1800, it needed a battery and a grill. Not all dented up, no smashed tailgate, running and driving, interior in better shape, 4x4, and 110k less miles.