2000 K2500 Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X3 the stock air box will actually draw cold air through the inner fender instead of taking in air from under he hood. It's a short run and the tube used is a pretty decent diameter. I'd like to see dyno proof of more than 15 hp gained at 4000 rpm before I blew 300+ on a CAI. Not sure what condition your engine is in but a good full tuneup might be in order. Plugs wires coil cap and rotor do it all. It Would be a good time to swap out the water pump as preventative maintenance. As for the muffler, the magnaflows that run straight through are the best flowing option. They probably produce the most drone. Or at least the ones I've owned have. The flowmasters sound the best IMO and it sounds like you probably wouldn't notice a difference in power between the two brands. Anything is better than the ***** box these trucks were built with.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
X2, don't waste your money on a CAI. The factory intake is plenty.

Exhaust and a real tune from Black Bear will really wake one of these trucks up.

This should be the basic guidelines every 400 owner should follow for simple but efficient performance mods;
Good tune-up, shorty/mid-length headers, 2 1/2 true dual or 3" single exhaust, Black Bear tune.

ChevyRy96

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys you have all been a huge help! Any opinions on 1.6 rockers with stock cam? Otherwise sounds like I'll be doing headers, exhaust, and tune! Again, THANK YOU!

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Awesome truck man! I remember I commented on your photo on this truck, just wanted to say it again here. :D Tow mirrors look badass on that truck, can't wait to get some on my truck soon. :)

ChevyRy96

Reaction score
Thanks man! Tow mirrors are such an improvement cosmetically and functionally on these things, you will not be disappointed!! Be sure to post some pics when you get it done!!

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Can do and will do man! I will be ordering my mirrors from 1AAuto sometime this week. :D