93 305 Rough Start Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Grim4U

Reaction score
First off I have researched and read through as many posts as I could find. I have to start the truck with the pedal to the floor or it just hits and dies. Once it starts I have to feather the pedal for about 30 seconds till it it clears up. It acts like the choke is on for lack of a better term. It spits sputters and blows fuel smoke. The engine has a edelbrock performer plus cam and free flowing exhaust and air filter. I have changed both temp sensors, cleaned the iac and found no vacuum leaks. All parts were GM parts not cheap Chinese stuff if that matters, it does to me lol. I’m stumped, going to try and put a fuel pressure test rig together this weekend to rule out the fuel pump. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off I have researched and read through as many posts as I could find. I have to start the truck with the pedal to the floor or it just hits and dies. Once it starts I have to feather the pedal for about 30 seconds till it it clears up. It acts like the choke is on for lack of a better term. It spits sputters and blows fuel smoke. The engine has a edelbrock performer plus cam and free flowing exhaust and air filter. I have changed both temp sensors, cleaned the iac and found no vacuum leaks. All parts were GM parts not cheap Chinese stuff if that matters, it does to me lol. I’m stumped, going to try and put a fuel pressure test rig together this weekend to rule out the fuel pump. Any thoughts?
What model truck? Transmission? check engine light? Fuel filter age? Injector spray pattern? Strong spark?