1998 k1500 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how are your cops about tint?

i know where im at theyre pretty harsh, limit is 50, but you can probably get away with 35.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're not allowed to have anything other than factory tint but I don't think they are too sticky where I am. Lots of guys I know run 5 or 20% so I don't think it will be too bad. Ticket is like $50 though.

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
in texas the front is 35% and the back and back doors can be anything. most people have 20%, cops dont worry about it unless they pull you over for something and notice it or they are in a bad mood.

one of my friends had 20% mirror and a cop pulled him over and had him rip it off on site.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
in texas the front is 35% and the back and back doors can be anything. most people have 20%, cops dont worry about it unless they pull you over for something and notice it or they are in a bad mood.

one of my friends had 20% mirror and a cop pulled him over and had him rip it off on site.

Mirror tint is illegal no matter what the percentage is on the front windows, 20% will not pass inspection and you are wrong most people have 35%

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
dang yall have that as part of inspection?

in va tint is not part of vehicle inspection

i looked it up for tx...

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/inspection/veh_class_list.asp?class=Passenger+Car

"1988 or newer inspect for window tinting or coating" :wtf:

They changed that law at the beginning of the month. The new law is tint that is below 25% no matter what the year is will fail. The only way around it is either doctors prescription cleared with DPS or to have a taxi/limo that you charge customers to ride in on a regular basis.
Yes I know that the website says what it says but I am also an inspector in TX and the bulletin was sent out and our DPS officer told us 2 weeks ago to make sure we are enforcing it. On a similar note they changed the tire law without telling us and we almost got fined for it yesterday.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i gotcha man, i was just curious so i googled it.

and that sucks they are really enforcing it, probably hard to find that bs shop that will just give you a sticker

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
For some it is. It's really about who you know. If random people ask it is likely to be a setup but you can always take a chance. I don't because I can't afford it.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went with 15% on the back window and only 35% up front so that I wouldn't get a ticket but next summer I'm going 15% up front. Heres some crappy cell pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks nice dude.

should keep the cops off you