1998 k1500 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
78,000 KM, bought about a month ago and looking to do some mods.
Plans:
15% back window and 35% front - Done
Ditch running boards for Nerf bars
Bigger rims/tires
Remove or redo pinstripe
Paint bowtie
Lightly tint taillights.
New headlights/clear corners
HID on lows
Any thing else?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good man, if your not planning on lifting or at least soon just take the running boards off and don't worry about the nerf bars :imo: I took my nerf bars off and love how much cleaner it is without them.

Pictures in this thread...
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?1625-Finally-got-some-cool-pictures-of-the-truck&p=27165#post27165

I'll probably take the running boards off for the winter anyways so there isn't a ton of snow caught in them and I'll probably just leave them if I like the look. I hear of a bunch of guys cranking torsion bars? Would this not be hard on the stock suspension and ware it out faster? Eventully I just want to go with a 3" lift and get bigger rims/tires.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats the idea i have with my truck. little suspension lift with tires/rims. i need to make my truck useful for work but would like a little height. i wish my truck was as clean as yours though.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting tinted Saturday. Getting 15% on the rear window and front side windows. Will post pics!

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice, should look pretty dark, ill be interested to see it.

i have the factory deep tint. i think its 25% on the rear window and ext cab windows.

up front i might have 50?

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been told that the factory rear is 20%? A guy on TMC had 15% on his front windows on his 98 and it matched pretty good. Here's a pic of his truck.