1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone still uses XM when these customizable streaming apps are out.

The only thing I could guess is so they don't use data.. XM is pretty cheap though. You can usually get them down to $12 for the year, which is why I was thinking about getting it for the hell of it

Clean and great looking truck!

Thanks!

This truck is horrible, you should get rid of it...

And give it to me :lol:

Is it really that bad? :( Maybe I should get rid of it.... you want it??

Haha good try, good try

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
The only thing I could guess is so they don't use data.. XM is pretty cheap though. You can usually get them down to $12 for the year, which is why I was thinking about getting it for the hell of it

Thanks!

Is it really that bad? :( Maybe I should get rid of it.... you want it??

Haha good try, good try
I pay $10 a month for mine

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I pay $10 a month for mine

What happened with my parents was it came with the vehicle they bought for a year and when that time was expired, they told XM that they didn't want it anymore. They then asked something along the lines of what we'd be willing to pay and we said a dollar a month and they agreed.

It's pretty much free to them to broadcast it to just one more vehicle so I suppose they just figure $1/month is better than nothing. When your XM runs out, try to get them down in price by calling

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score

Good point, I've got unlimited data so I forget about that aspect sometimes. That's unbelievably cheap for a year with XM. Hell, I might even try it, haha.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Good point, I've got unlimited data so I forget about that aspect sometimes. That's unbelievably cheap for a year with XM. Hell, I might even try it, haha.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

I've been thinking about trying it myself because for $1/month it's absolutely worth it. I think I would need to sign up for a few months first at a normal rate in order to threaten to cancel and get a lower rate

I'm also not sure if this $1/month thing was a fluke for my parents, or if they regularly give out this price

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
After consulting the owner's manual, my stereo is XM compatible but you need a sirius XM vehicle tuner with it

Fallsey

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clean truck. 14 bolt semi floating rear axle? I have nearly the identical truck, but leather. Could always do what I did and put a dual DIN stereo
You must be registered for see images

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Yes, yes you should...

Clean truck. 14 bolt semi floating rear axle? I have nearly the identical truck, but leather. Could always do what I did and put a dual DIN stereo

That double din is sweet. Any details? Where did you get the faceplate?

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score

Thanks, yup it's a 14 bolt with a g80 locker

That stereo looks nice, I'd definitely do that if I had to redo my stereo but it's too late now that I have mine

I like the camo accents in the door inserts by the way, I was thinking of doing something similar to that

Mattfei7

Reaction score
Beautiful truck! For like 10$ you could get a little cubby to replace the stock CD player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk