1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Haha, mine is nowhere near that bad! Small surface rust that I'm gonna be fixing. But my old explorer...that's a different story....

Lol yeah, my current is only very small surface stuff. My old 81 had fender holes, a floor hole, big enough for my foot to go through and needed new doors. Not to mention everything under the body was held together by rust bleh

Sent while pulling out a Ford

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking at replacing my front bumper and brackets at the same time I bedline/fix the rust. About 6 months ago I got in a minor fender bender and my bumper has a decent sized dent and is shifted slightly towards the passenger side and upwards. Now the question is.... Diesel bumper or another normal k1500 one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MinnesotaChevy

Gasser or Diesel?
Reaction score
Looking at replacing my front bumper and brackets at the same time I bedline/fix the rust. About 6 months ago I got in a minor fender bender and my bumper has a decent sized dent and is shifted slightly towards the passenger side and upwards. Now the question is.... Diesel bumper or another normal k1500 one?

Diesel and add some bright ass lights in there

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Diesel and add some bright ass lights in there

For now I think I will postpone the bumper. Next question is; to debadge or not to debadge?

I'm torn between de badging and getting different Silverado/1500 emblems or leaving the trim and keeping the factory gold emblems. Remember that I will be bedlining my rockers in just over a week.

What are y'alls thoughts?

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Got a bit of a start today. Running boards removed, molding pulled off, plastidip mostly removed, and started removing the adhesive from the molding. Also started sanding my rockers a little as well.