1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you! It's come a long ways for sure.

Also forgot to mention that I'm hoping to do the 4 high mod as well. And my windshield wipers are a little funky lately. Gotta figure out what's up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definatly do the 4 high mod.. Makes such a difference because my low beams are brighter then my high beams so I'd never use highbeams anyways, but when I turn them on the light just goes that much further. You just have to get a #86 relay (10 bucks from Napa) and 4 pieces if wire about 2 feet long depending on where you put it and 2 o ring connectors. One for your + and one for your ground. Then two of them go to the positives on your light harness wires. OR another way you can do it just run a diode between the lights on the positive wires.. That way is way cheaper. But I just do the relay for personal reasons

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definatly do the 4 high mod.. Makes such a difference because my low beams are brighter then my high beams so I'd never use highbeams anyways, but when I turn them on the light just goes that much further. You just have to get a #86 relay (10 bucks from Napa) and 4 pieces if wire about 2 feet long depending on where you put it and 2 o ring connectors. One for your + and one for your ground. Then two of them go to the positives on your light harness wires. OR another way you can do it just run a diode between the lights on the positive wires.. That way is way cheaper. But I just do the relay for personal reasons

Don't worry I plan on doing it over Thanksgiving break. Depending how much snow is on the ground when I get home for Thanksgiving, I might put the rust repair off until next spring and then just do the 4 high mod. Otherwise I'll be fixing the rust and possibly bedlining the body. Going to see how it looks with just the gold trim..forgot what that color looks like!

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't worry I plan on doing it over Thanksgiving break. Depending how much snow is on the ground when I get home for Thanksgiving, I might put the rust repair off until next spring and then just do the 4 high mod. Otherwise I'll be fixing the rust and possibly bedlining the body. Going to see how it looks with just the gold trim..forgot what that color looks like!
Thanksgiving.... That was last month.. Oh yea 90% of the people on here aren't Canadian... And id say get that rust fixed ASAP because snows here.. Meaning salty roads.. Meaning more rust. When you do the rust fix do a write up. I have a cab Corner that needs to get done and I'm debating welding a new piece in there or just using spray foam then molding it..

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanksgiving.... That was last month.. Oh yea 90% of the people on here aren't Canadian... And id say get that rust fixed ASAP because snows here.. Meaning salty roads.. Meaning more rust. When you do the rust fix do a write up. I have a cab Corner that needs to get done and I'm debating welding a new piece in there or just using spray foam then molding it..

Mine is only surface rust. Bottom of my doors will need a little bondo filler, but otherwise I'll only need to sand, prime, sand, and then paint/bedliner. Haven't decided if I'm going to bedline my rockers (will look like what I have now, but in bedliner) or paint my rockers to match the rest of the blue. Most likely will just bedline because it'll be a lot cheaper.

If I had a lot more extensive rust repair, I'd do a write up, but I don't think it's worth a write up, haha. I will take some pictures and post them on here though of the progress when I get started in a few weeks.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I lucked out and my cab corners and rockers are clean

That's how mine were last fall. Only rust I had a year ago was in the bed from the fifth wheel plate and now I've got some small bubbles forming that I want to take care of.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
That's how mine were last fall. Only rust I had a year ago was in the bed from the fifth wheel plate and now I've got some small bubbles forming that I want to take care of.

Yeah get it while it's easy