1998 Chevy Silverado Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Working on the truck all day today. My goal for the day is to get the bed primed and the old bed off the truck and put the truck up on jack stands.

Primed the tailgate
You must be registered for see images

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well a little update from today. Got the bed off today and put it to the side.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a lot done on the truck this weekend because I finally got the time to go visit my dad in Florida and help him with the truck. We got new yokahama tires on the front and rear while the rims were off during the lowering process. 275/55R20 in the rear and 255/55R20 in the front
Here is how it sits, waiting to be worked on...

Got the rear lowered 6in with a belltech flip kit and belltech street performer shocks. While my dad was working on the rear lowering kit, I replaced the tube that connected to the side of rear end that traveled to the driver side of the frame and I changed the rear end fluid while I was at it (Worst smell in the world).

Got the 4hi headlight mod from Mean Green in and the HD harness I bought from LMC in. Also put the HIDs in from DDM 6000K 35w in the lows and 8000k 55w in the highs.

Ran in to a couple problems with the driver side while doing the front lowering kit. I hit the lower ball joint a little too hard and mushroomed it so we couldnt thread the castle nut back on. Had to take the control arm off and take it to Pep boys to get it pressed out and pressed in the new one also. Had to put the front tires on just to get a look at its final stance before I left.

Thats pretty much it for pictures of the aftermath of the install. Took the harness off for the taillights and put that on the new bed but didnt take a picture. I didnt want to get my phone out while my hand was all greasy. Here are some pictures of it all completed.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Build's coming along very nice!
While the box is off, & seeing as you have a nice new welder, now would be a good time to relocate those upper shock mounts. You'll be much happier with the ride quality.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where would I have to relocate the shocks mount to? If you have any pictures that would be great.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this was my old 1996 LS truck with a 5/7 drop

You must be registered for see images attach