1998 Chevrolet K3500 CCLB "Zeus"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Added a compass / temperature rear view mirror. Found out, if the truck had a compass mirror from the factory, the wiring for the temperature probe was already there. I didn't realize that until I already built a new harness for the sensor and ran it up to the headliner.

Excuse the mess, this is before the wiring was consolidated and the wiring channel was reinstalled.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also installed my new 55W led lamps in the diesel bumper, previously I used 30W units. These are VERY bright! Relay and wiring has been installed, just waiting for my Escalade fog light switch to arrive.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I wouldn't wish changing the brake lamp switch on my worst enemy. That was a painful 5 minutes!

Found the truck had a problem with the torque converter locking and unlocking often and getting poor fuel economy. (Fuel economy in a 454, ha... right?)

Stop lamps and cruise interrupt worked fine, but the TCC lockup was so erratic. Replacing the switch fixed all of that.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Added a Bravada homelink console this weekend and wired the Driver info center in.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Removed the burnt incandescent bulbs from the Cargo & Fog lamp switches this evening. Added 5mm blue LED bulbs!

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Looks really nice!
I knew my fog had a bulb in it but didn't know the cargo had it too, I guess I'll be taking both of them apart and puting new bulbs in.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I did that to mine with green LEDs

rodd004

Reaction score
How bad is it to do the air controls?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Looks good Josh.

I hope the bright blue isn't too much. I know I used white LEDs which ended up light blue and sometimes they are a bit much on longer drives.

Thanks.

I figured the blue may have been overwhelming in brightness. But so far they haven't been terrible. Drove 45 minutes to work this morning and all seemed well.