1998 C1500 reverse gear signal wire and other exciting questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shebrolet

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've browsed over the threads contained herein, and have not been able to find a definitive answer as to which wire this may actually be. I'm going to wire in my Pioneer AVH-3700BHS this weekend, and hopefully someone will know which wire I need to tap into for this feature. (Reverse gear signal)

Also looking for feedback regarding camera mounting options, I've purchased the Pioneer NDBC8 camera, and would rather NOT mount to license plate. Considered installing it into the rear sill just underneath the tailgate, not sure what kind of clearance issues I would have if any. In addition, I'm curious for those of you have installed a camera, where did you choose to run the wiring into the inside of your cab? Any options available without needing to drill/grommet my own entry hole? Any preferences?

Greatly appreciate any feedback, and apologize in advance if this is the 4 billionth thread on this issue.

Sheb