1997 Silverado prerunner build "The Black Nasty"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well got the bedsides back last night....

You must be registered for see images attach

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice. Absolutely love it. If im ever in the area ill have to hit you up for a ride...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
whew! blasted through this whole thread in about an hour, I love OBS Chevy Pre runners. Looks great man.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I was looking through the first post of pictures, and im trying to see how you got rid of the coil bucket in the frame, and theres no obvious welded in plates(or im so blind I cant see them). Was this originally a z71? or was it done so long ago, the fab work on the frame blended in with the rest of the stock part of the frame?

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking through the first post of pictures, and im trying to see how you got rid of the coil bucket in the frame, and theres no obvious welded in plates(or im so blind I cant see them). Was this originally a z71? or was it done so long ago, the fab work on the frame blended in with the rest of the stock part of the frame?

It was done before I bought the truck, so I have no pictures of the process. Basically cut out the coil bucket, throw some internal gussets/structure in it, box back in and wouldn't hurt to throw a gusset over the new plate work.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well back in November, first morning in Barstow I dropped my new GoPro and it wouldn't work. For whatever reason, today I charged it and it started working. So I downloaded the app to my new phone and did the update for the camera. Had to try it out (since I never got the chance before) and just mounted it inside the truck and snapped a picture. Nothing exciting just thought I would share!