1997 Silverado prerunner build "The Black Nasty"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DUDE! I literally just read this entire thread today while at work haha and can't get enough. So freakin sweet! Keep the truck **** comin! He!l of a nice job man.

The whole thread? Sounds like you have a nice job!! haha

Thanks... doing what I can while trying to save for and buy a house.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man i was told a 3 link truck is like 7 or 8 grand to build. Yikes!

It depends... What companies links you go with, what rear end you go with, what shocks and if you buy all new stuff or not..... oh and if you can do the work yourself or have to pay someone to build it for you

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Just buzzed through this whole thread, really a great job dude. You've done some amazing work on this thing. I always love seeing someone just go balls out with their vehicle.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just buzzed through this whole thread, really a great job dude. You've done some amazing work on this thing. I always love seeing someone just go balls out with their vehicle.

Thanks but I can't claim any of the work, owe all the major work to my boy Steve at Dirt Designs (he also built that fully built beamed Cummins and beamed Duramax). And a few other shops that did the smaller stuff such as paneling, wiring, and finish fab work.

Just bought a new DH mountain bike.... so no major updates for a month or so. Next will probably be a paint to match grill and some billet. And then send the whole front end off to paint, due to the fact the white is driving me nuts!!

Souza72

Reaction score
Do you have the stock 4l60e tranny in it or did you put a stronger tranny in?

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is the stock 4L60E, truck has about 160k and the trans has about 43k on it. It crapped out around 117k. When the new drive train goes in, it will be getting a 4L80E

94Cheyenne

W/T 4 Life...
Reaction score
got a question for ya. I'm building a prerunner esque chevy as well...i'm in HB.

On your truck's earlier incarnation the front glass looked like trailer products 2 inch flare. How did you mount it?
Also did it require a new hood?
I noticed that it now looks like it has 6 inch tp glass from what i can see.

just trying to figure out a plan of action on my own truck...

This thing is soo sick too btw. keep it up!

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got a question for ya. I'm building a prerunner esque chevy as well...i'm in HB.

On your truck's earlier incarnation the front glass looked like trailer products 2 inch flare. How did you mount it?
Also did it require a new hood?
I noticed that it now looks like it has 6 inch tp glass from what i can see.

just trying to figure out a plan of action on my own truck...

This thing is soo sick too btw. keep it up!

Sorry for lagging, I never got a notification that someone bumped the thread.... It does currently have 6" Trailer Products, that are trimmed/cut for tire clearance at full bump and lock to lock on the steering. The old glass was (I think) 3.5" Glassworks and it had the factory hood.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well took the truck out to Lucerne today... truck ran good, except for I think the pick up in the cell is starting to go, starts cutting out/bogging after running it for awhile (which I thought was the old fuel pump). So now I have to figure out how to lift the bed enough to get my hands to get the cell lid off and check the pick up line.

Made a run to Slash X to get food... like 20 people in line to order, so made my way over to Barstow, was heading down parallel to the road, was on and off the gas and even with the headsets on the truck sounded unusually loud. Got to Del Taco, and sure enough, the exhaust broke. Sounds like a boat with a BIG lopey cam at idle, on the gas it sounds like doo-doo butter.

You must be registered for see images attach

New bedsides should be going on soon and will get the exhaust fixed when the bedsides go on.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after Adam's purchase I followed suit and order one as well. And Steve (socalmoto) at Dirt Designs is making the new tail light mounts for me. Once I get the lights/mounts back the truck should be getting the bedsides installed pretty quick after.