1996 GMC Suburban "Kaye"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were you driving? I've noticed (and had professional confirmation) that a/c systems don't blow as cold at a standstill/idling as they do running down the road. Just a thought.
I was, put the switches that came from the wagon originally back into it and took it for another drive today, was doing the same thing so the problem is somewhere else I think.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another note I think I'm going to sell it, picking up a different set of wheels tomorrow (I sold the 22's a few weeks ago). Going to fix the A/C, shim the pinion, swap wheels and put it up & see what happens. I love this thing, but found something I would like to have instead, a first gen s10 blazer 2 door.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another note I think I'm going to sell it, picking up a different set of wheels tomorrow (I sold the 22's a few weeks ago). Going to fix the A/C, shim the pinion, swap wheels and put it up & see what happens. I love this thing, but found something I would like to have instead, a first gen s10 blazer 2 door.
V8 swapped?

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
V8 swapped?
No was a 6 banger, but had a change of plans.

She needs some work now and is going back to stock height to sell her after the repairs. Hit someone and f***ed the hood, grill, headlight and bent the top of the core support. Already removed the busted body parts, headlight harnesses and the interior LEDs. She didn't have a good day today, nor did I.
Here's how she's sitting now.
You must be registered for see images attach

My plan is to fix her, start lifting it back up, sell it, buy something cheap and start saving for a new project.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, hate to hear that.
Will the new build be a 400?
If I can find a deal on another stepside or possibly a 2500 long bed then yes, otherwise I'm thinking about getting something different. Long bed square body is pretty high on the list, not sure if I'd lower it though.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She has been successfully returned to stock height. Picked up new to me wheels today, they weren't my first choice but were cheap with good tread. Plasti dipped them black because they looked terrible with the stock silver finish. Running 2" spacers I had from my previous truck to make them fit.

She doesn't look bad, matching my stepside a bit now. Going to the junk yard this weekend to get a hood and possibly fender flares to cover the dents. Ordered a grill and headlights they'll be here next week. If I get a hood I can drive it again so hopefully the yard will have a nice one.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last weekend I got a hood, fender flares and that maroon dash pocket I posted a picture of a while ago. She isn't looking bad, the flares were silver like the hood. Drove it some today, rides pretty good and she gets it better with the taller tires installed.

Well been there before. Heavy hood to carry around the yard lol. Not to mention transporting it without damages
Paid the extra 1$ to get a cart, no way it was going to get carried lol. Also our suburbans looks kinda similar now.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last weekend I got a hood, fender flares and that maroon dash pocket I posted a picture of a while ago. She isn't looking bad, the flares were silver like the hood. Drove it some today, rides pretty good and she gets it better with the taller tires installed.

Paid the extra 1$ to get a cart, no way it was going to get carried lol. Also our suburbans looks kinda similar now.

I hear you lol. I carried mine and next time ima use a cart. Freakin thing was a pain to move around... then I had to strap it on the roof lol. I wanted a black hood or something that could match my color well. Ended up with silver, cause over hear all the hoods were damaged....