1996 Chevrolet c3500HD CrewCab BEAST - Junkyard Rescue Take II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
@GarrettGmc I'm guessing it looked like this? I know when I go to see my great grandmother in Stockton we take the 8 mile exit off of Hwy99 near Lodi and there is what looks like a big AT&T place that was full of these trucks the last time I looked. https://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/d/2000-chevy-3500hd-utility-bed/6254906561.html

Really the only thing stopping me from getting it out to Tyler's/my personal junkyard is I need to put rims on the back of it so it at least rolls. Then I can either haul it with my Dodge or the junkyard owner can load it up on his F700 flatbed and take it to me. I just want it out to our junkyard before snow falls!

---
And cool find! If they were the right lug pattern I was tempted to make a quick trip down there to pick it up. Oh well.

---
Thank you Richard for clearing that up, I made note of the lug pattern for when I go to to find wheels. Side note; the very first 3500HD I ever saw was one of yours on your website with the build years and years ago. I believe it was the one that was a 91-93 truck and started my inspiration/goal to own one of these!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya similar to that. Who knows what it could've been, there's a few companies that used that style.
Ok so I relooked at it, looks like it says feather _____ materials, guessing feather falls. Could've been flat bed or hydraulic dump bed which would account for the extra weight rating. I'm just guessing.
And forgot it didn't have the rear tires, I'll check around here an see if anyone's got a pair that'll work.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Ya similar to that. Who knows what it could've been, there's a few companies that used that style.
Ok so I relooked at it, looks like it says feather _____ materials, guessing feather falls. Could've been flat bed or hydraulic dump bed which would account for the extra weight rating. I'm just guessing.
And forgot it didn't have the rear tires, I'll check around here an see if anyone's got a pair that'll work.

It's actually Feather River Materials which was in Quincy, CA. I found that out one day. The building is actually right next to the airport where my Dodge was purchased new in Quincy!

That thing is awesome!
I love those HD builds you did.
I'd love one of those with a stock dually bed somehow.

I agree, always loved his builds!

gstubbz

Reaction score
I've been trying to look for wheels these past two days, and it's all a shitton of money. To buy four out of Florida on ebay would be $645.80 which I think is a little excessive for rusted out rims (probably from a flood truck lol). Or $278 for two rusty rims from Illinois. I posted on a Reno Buy/Sell group so hopefully someone has some by happenchance.

I swear if there is one thing I dislike about this truck, it's the fact that it was missing the rear wheels. I wish I could just fit 16" ford rims on it but it is literally impossible to fit those on the front due to the rotors and calipers being super huge.

Didn't realize how much of a unicorn these things really are! 10 lug problems :banghead:

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been trying to look for wheels these past two days, and it's all a shitton of money. To buy four out of Florida on ebay would be $645.80 which I think is a little excessive for rusted out rims (probably from a flood truck lol). Or $278 for two rusty rims from Illinois. I posted on a Reno Buy/Sell group so hopefully someone has some by happenchance.

I swear if there is one thing I dislike about this truck, it's the fact that it was missing the rear wheels. I wish I could just fit 16" ford rims on it but it is literally impossible to fit those on the front due to the rotors and calipers being super huge.

Didn't realize how much of a unicorn these things really are! 10 lug problems :banghead:
Check the bolt patter on these maybe?
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/wto/d/10-lug-20-steel-rims-and/6241111391.html

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or give up on looking and ill pick up the truck ;) crew cab 15k an 96 so dnt need to smog it as diesel. Question though, have you checked to see if youll have to pull into all the weigh stations since the truck is basically a 1.5 ton?