1996 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado RCLB "Da Chev"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I got a school logo sticker for mine Ill put on tomorrow but I want a pinstripe and "350 Throttle Body Injection" in the same place
That would look pretty cool, you'd have to get it custom made though. My friend got this one off of ebay, he ordered the wrong color so he just gave it to me.
I seen those decals on Ebay. I was thinking of getting one and putting it on the body lines of the hood. But that looks better! I might have to steal that idea
Wouldn't look quite right on the body lines on the hood imo.
Good to know I had a good idea!
One thing, on the . and 7 on the drivers side decal the backing paper stuck on to the vinyl, so I had to peel it back with a knife. It isn't the highest quality vinyl but it should last a good long time.
I wonder what it would look like below the pinstripe?
It would look good under the pinstripe too, it's just that I had a nice body line to follow to get it all lined up straight above it!

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Been a while since I updated this thread. I took the rusty spots back down to metal and repainted them for the winter, hopefully by summer I'll either have enough saved up to redo the bottom right or even better paint the whole thing.
I want to get the height even with a stock 4wd but I'm concerned about the ride quality, I don't want it to be extremely stiff.
I'm currently trying to track down some sealed beam adjusters and maybe an 88-93 grille since I've always preferred the look of the older grille to the 94+.
When I switch to sealed beams I'm going to build an HD/4hi harness with supplements for foglights to run with the headlights, which I will have behind the grille.
I guess that's it, figured I'd update this thread for the maybe 2 people who care.

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Oh, and I got dual 2.5 inch exhaust with glasspacks put on. Sounds real nice...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I care! It's looking good! A 4" spindle lift should get you close (maybe a little more) to a stock height and will keep your smooth ride

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Awesome, is that what you're planning on too? It's kind of funny, my cousin has a 94 4x4 he basically rebuilt the body on and painted... And he wants to lower it while I want to lift my 2wd.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Replaced the free 4x6 fog lights with some LED driving lights I got for Christmas, and I'm planning on building a panel under the dash where the 12v plugs are to put my CB, switches, and possibly an equalizer. I'm thinking a nice rosewood veneer for the face of this console, with a dark stain.
Pics of the lights:

Don't worry, the first picture isn't really where the grounds are, that's just a mockup to see how they looked there, they're properly wired and grounded. The console/panel is currently in the cardboard template stage, so I haven't taken any pictures of it.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
no, I have the 2" lift kit. Don't waste your money on it. Get eh 4" :waytogo:

Looks good man, I would get some of those but I think my LED Bar would outshine it.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I'd hope so, your light bar has a lot more LEDs than these haha.
Now I'm not sure if I want to lift it, every time I think about it I'm reminded of gas mileage and how it won't really do anything for me since I don't go off road

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
But then I'd have to get steps! So much money to sink in to something that won't affect performance positively