1995 TBI to 80's 350?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enginebuilder

Reaction score
Any reason I can't swap the fuel injection system from my 1995 5.7 TBI to an 80's 350?

Is there anything I would need to buy for such a conversion?

Why would I want to do this?

The original engine in my truck has >200k miles on it, is tired as all get-out, and I can buy an 80's 4-bolt motor that only has 25k miles on a fresh build for $600...

My truck:
1995 GMC 2500 4x4

Enginebuilder

Reaction score
Okay, well after some more searching, it looks like the stock TBI manifold won't bolt to the older style heads.

But, I can buy an adapter to go from the standard holley 4bbl bore to TBI from trans-dapt, which would allow me to mount the TBI unit on just about any aftermarket intake manifold. Is it really that easy? What am I missing here?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
As far as I know, That adaptor is really all you need to swap a typical Throttle body unit over. And yes, intake mounting bolts of the older perimeter bolt style heads don't match the newer style center bolt head. The center bolts won't line up. Vortec style heads are even farther off.

Good Luck with the swap