1995 GMC K1500 - The Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubbaSmthr

Reaction score
At the advice of others, I have decided to create a build thread for my truck.

I got the truck in June of 2013. I had been searching for a new truck for quite awhile, and this was the exact truck I wanted. ECSB, 4x4, with a 5.7. It was even in my favorite color, dark blue.
Here is a pic of when I got it home.
You must be registered for see images attach

First thing I did was throw in my subs and amp from my old truck. Truck came with an aftermarket radio, so no need for a new one of those yet:secret:

Truck had almost no exhaust left, so the next day it was already in the shop.:banghead: Got new pipe put on from the headers back, a DIDO Flowmaster 50, and chrome tips out the back.:peace:

Truck didn't have a hitch when I bought it:shrug: so that was on my list. Luckily a hitch from a GMT400 came up on craigslist for $20. Picked it up and went to install it, only to find out the holes didn't line up. So had to drill new holes, but at least I had a hitch. Added a trailer plug as well.

Picked up a set of smooth center caps at the junkyard.

Sometime in October I did the Ultimate TBI mods as well. Truck runs a lot better, and seems to have more pickup and go.

Then progress stalled due to a lack of funds.:help: But a few days ago I finally removed the whips.

Looks a lot better now, IMO.

Next on my to do list are new headlights and HID's.

Plans for the future are a led interior, fix the rust, lift, a better sound system.:rocking: and a repaint eventually:buffer:

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
I believe I was the one who went and picked up the hitch and smooth center caps, just sayin' bro haha :p.

Glad to see you finally started posting on here.

BubbaSmthr

Reaction score
^^Shhh no one needs to know that.

Only took me close to a year.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. She ain't without her flaws, but man do I love her.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BubbaSmthr

Reaction score
Did a lot of work to the truck over the weekend.

Replaced upper and lower radiator hoses. Replaced the water pump, hardest part was getting all of the old gasket off the block. Added a 11 blade fan too.
And I finally replaced the leaking power steering hose, and since it was already tore apart I replaced the other hose and pump as well, and added a power steering cooler that I got from the junkyard.
While everything was apart I painted the air cleaner housing and restored the intake hose and fan shroud.

On a side note, got the first sunburn of the year :suicide:

Last edited:

BubbaSmthr

Reaction score
Truck got a lot of work done to it in the past couple days.

Replaced intake manifold gaskets over the weekend. Did a tune up, with new plugs,wires,cap, and rotor, and an oil change as well.
Here's an in progress shot.

The intake looks so much better all cleaned up.

Washed the truck today. And as soon as I pulled it outside it started raining. :whymewhyme: