1995 1ton burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leeezard7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sweet, thanks outalne. that way i can do 4 wheel digs instead of 3 lol

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
454 tbi, , true duals with stainless flowmasters, k&n, towing chip, 1.7 roller rockers, royal purple fluids, likely around 325 at the flywheel.

You are not likely to be making that kind of horsepower with the mods listed. 325 HP is nearly 100 HP over stock for that engine......is there a mod you are not telling us about??

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was thinkin the same thing considering vortecs are 290 stock and the ht502 crate engine is 338.

leeezard7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are not likely to be making that kind of horsepower with the mods listed. 325 HP is nearly 100 HP over stock for that engine......is there a mod you are not telling us about??

no, its just a guess guys. truck runs very strong. i have not dynoed it. it could be 230hp for all i know lol. but if it is 230 its stout... lol

leeezard7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol... i was kidding. i know engines very well. about a yr ago rebuilt the 454; block was vat steam cleaned, new cam bearings, new freeze plugs, bored .030 over. new forged probe pistons, new total seal rings. rebuilt rods with arp bolts, crank magnafluxed and checked, miced out fine so reused. new arp main bolts, 4 bolt main motor. rebuilt the heads with new guides, hardened seats, stainless steel valves, new seals, new springs, new retainers and locks, minor port and polish and flycut heads so compression is now 9 to 1 instead of 7.8 to 1. arp head bolts. cam is mild but not stock, .490 lift. at time of rebuild stock rockers were put back on. edlebrock aluminum performer rpm intake, 54mm upgraded tbi, k&n, factory true duals truck, now a dual 3" stainless flowmaster system is used. about a month after rebuilt got new roller rockers. pcm has a towing/power chip in it. i have not dynoed motor but my 325hp is probably conservative to say the least.

leeezard7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have also rebuilt the 4l80e with a stage 2 kevlar tow kit. rebuilt the 14b ff when i did the rear disc brake kit. only thing on this truck that hasnt been rebuilt yet is the front ifs and looking into that now as well as put a front locker in it.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with stock heads i say your still quite optimistic for a tbi 454, new upgraded parts is great but, imo what you did was make it more durable/long lasting than you did any major power gains, to say the least. comp. bump, intake/tbi, cam, little work on stock heads, should be quite a torqer but <300 hp.