1994 GMC Sierra K2500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubX01

Professional Crow Bar ******
Reaction score
My my my....she's naked. ;)
You must be registered for see images attach

Aaaand more orange.

Sorta did the engine half-ass because I didn't take off the bracketry.

There's just something about an entire powertrain painted Chevy orange...

Got 'er in place.

Exhaust ran, driveline hooked up.

And on goes the cab on top of a 2" body lift! Oh she is beautiful...

Last edited:

DubX01

Reaction score
awesome... looks great... always wished I had the talent for stuff like this.

can't wait to see it done

I was pretty much born into it. My grandfather was a mechanic, and while my dad wasn't a mechanic, he did everything himself. He owned 27 different 60-66 Chevy trucks, and he built a couple of them from the ground up. I take after them...but honestly there's not too much talent about it, I mean yeah when you're putting everything back together you gotta get it right, but I think if you set your mind to something like this whether you believe you have the talent for it or not, I think you can get it done.

DubX01

Reaction score
Gettin' there....front clip back on ;)

....This was May 2013. That. Is. Fxcking. Snow. SNOW IN MAY! WHAT THE HELL MISSOURI!?!?

Last edited:

DubX01

Reaction score
It LIVES.
Parked side by side with my dad's 2000 3" lifted Z71.

And the next morning...
I'll be honest, when I tore it down, I never thought I would have seen this day. Nothing beat the amazing feeling knowing I took this thing down to TWO bare frames, and rebuilt it from the ground up, piece by piece. 2" body lift, and 2" blocks in the rear end. It's just one of those things where you look back at it and go "..Did I really do this?"

Last edited:

DubX01

Reaction score
It doesn't end here, though. It wasn't until April of this year, eleven months later, that I was able to make this thing my daily driver again. She had some issues. I had no speedo, no dash lights, just issues. I yanked out my entire dash, along with my interior and exterior harnesses, and I put in the dash and interior/exterior wiring from a '90.

Here's after I yanked the 90 dash out.

And uh, mine came out in pieces.

Last edited:

DubX01

Reaction score
All back together, running strong.

Yeah....

Last edited:

DubX01

Reaction score
Took these at our local cruise night. Side by side. My beast, and the '98 Ram at the time belonged to a good friend of mine.

A few weeks after these were taken, I shelled the transmission. Was coming home and it overheated then slammed down into second, out of overdrive...it never came out. Now it won't shift out of second gear so I decided it was time to take it up a notch and strip her down again....with a few reasons why. Here's a couple of those reasons.

Last edited:

DubX01

Reaction score
Another teaser....I'm sure y'all know what this beautiful trans plug is. It ain't no 700R.

And an idea I got from another member...I cleared my needles on my gauge cluster.

I bought some red LED's to put in said gauge cluster.

In the last few months I've completely gutted my cab, yanked my bed and front clip again, pulled my visor off, I've dropped my tank, put in a 94-up e-brake pedal, 93-up ECM, 94 brake pedal with brake switch...and now I'll let y'all in on what I'm doing.

350 TBI crate motor. 30K. Mated to a 4L60E. 14-bolt 6-lug rear end, '97 Suburban 3/4-ton spring stack (all except the main leaf)
I'm currently in the process, well, actually, I've completely cut my floor out and am splitting a 2002 Dodge Ram Crew Cab floor to go in. Going to weld her up, use the Dodge carpet, and Dodge seats. Along with Dodge 4x4 shifter. I've bought LED bulbs to replace EVERY bulb on the truck. I bought a set of cab lights, put LED's in them. Bought some decent running boards; I have a 2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift to go on it. I'm using the back ext cab plastic from a 97, so I'll be adding the adjusters for the front seat belts. I'm putting in a sliding rear window. I wanna be able to make it one of a kind and make it stand out. Also will be putting my brush guard back on, with fog lights mounted to it. Bought a new white grille to go in place of the flat black one. And I have so much more planned....I'll continue updating as she goes along. It's a work in progress, but it'll be my daily driver again once it's back on the road. Here's the last few I took before teardown.

Now, for those asking how it's now a '94 when I got it as a '92...

95% of this truck will be '94. The wiring harness front to back, '94. ABS brake system, '94. Front diff and suspension, '94. Engine/trans, '94. Rear end, '94. ECM, '94. The only thing left '92 is the cab and bed.

Last edited: