1994 GMC Sierra K2500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubX01

Professional Crow Bar ******
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and did my introduction post, I figure now it's time for the truck build. I'll be posting the last four years of progress on here over the next few hours. I'll go ahead and start it off simple, how I got the truck, etc. Okay, I got my pride and joy in November of 2010. At the time my DD was my '88 longbed, which I had just recently droven off a road and crushed my fender, grille, and shattered my mirror. Anyway to the point. I was wanting an extended cab, and my cousin happened to purchase a wrecked '92 extended cab shortbed with a 2" drop from a wrecking yard; PO had been out drinking and rear ended someone. He couldn't afford the bill and he figured it was totaled so it went to the yard. My cousin bought it, and I traded him a 24-foot gooseneck trailer for it.
Damage was not pretty by any means...and from here, our story begins.
You must be registered for see images attach

There was a little more than a LOT of tweaking and labor involved..

It took a torch, a come-a-long, and a BFH just to get the frame straight enough to bolt the new core support down and get my bumper on semi-straight...I later found out the entire left frame-rail was knocked back two inches.
The next day she rolled out of my driveway looking like this

Last edited:

DubX01

Reaction score
First thing on my list was get rid of the 235's in the back and get some 275/60s on there so I had all four aluminum wheels back on it...and $100 later I had a pair of used 60s that I ran for the next three and a half years.

Before we get any further, here was the specs: 350 TBI with about 100K on a rebuild, 700R4 auto, 3:42 gears, and she had a beautiful purring dual exhaust setup; muffler was a generic version of a Flowmaster 40. Power windows and locks, tilt column, leather seats. It was a Southern Comfort conversion model so they added all of their necessities.
It actually went to Southern Comfort in 92 after it was t-boned right off the lot, which I found out when I noticed the entire passenger side, bedside and extended cab panel top to bottom, is replacement, and the floor and inside of the cab was partially wrinkled. Along with bondo over all of the passenger side spot welds, and goop to fill gaps.

Well after a couple weeks I picked up a solid-color front clip, more plum so didn't really match the rest of the truck, but it was one color.
Out with the old...

In with the new.

Last edited:

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! I recognize this truck from 67-72 site. Glad to see people coming here too

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

DubX01

Reaction score
New front shoes: Brand new 255/60 Cooper Cobras

I put 2" blocks in the back to cancel out the drop (had Belltech drop shackles)

And uh....this is what my u-bolts looked like. All four of them. In a word....DAMN!

Last edited:

DubX01

Reaction score
Yeahhh.....had to add the cow kicker. Couldn't help myself. (Didn't stay)

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Wow on the u-bolts, I just put blocks and new u-bolts in the back of my '94 last week, and the u-bolts could have been sanded and you'd think they were brand new. One GREAT thing about living in the South!

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice work...you gonna restripe the front or paint the rest of the truck?

DubX01

Reaction score
If you'll notice in some of the pics, I had taillights with covers on them. I hated them with a passion but didn't wanna take the covers off because then they'd look stupid with the fading. Welp, I picked up a pair of new-ish tail lights. And man are they shiny. (They're still shiny today)
Also, like the bumper sticker? I uh...still have it.

Took the cow kicker off, put a push bumper on, and in the process I took off all my rims and ditched the center caps. They were old and cracking.

And not too long after, I finally took off my tonneau cover, and put in some side windows without the louvers.
For those curious about the front bumper at such a downward angle, I only had the center bumper horns because of the bent frame, and also because of the bent frame, the driver side horn I couldn't tighten all the way, leaving it partially loose and letting the bumper sit downward. Was a huge factor to why I took off my brush guard; too much weight.

Last edited:

DubX01

Reaction score
Wow on the u-bolts, I just put blocks and new u-bolts in the back of my '94 last week, and the u-bolts could have been sanded and you'd think they were brand new. One GREAT thing about living in the South!

The problem is GM's bottom u-bolt pad...they get so packed full of mud and everything else and nobody cleans them, and they corrode the bolts to pencil-thin. It's scary, really. I put old-school round-top u-bolts with an old flat plate back in it. And it's gonna stay that way when I change the rear end (again).