1994 GMC K2500 light duty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
looks great!

Thanks! Painted up some new used rear shocks for it today and threw them on, they were brand new on my old half ton, only run one winter but were surface rusted bad. I wish they actually put some paint on them from the factory.

Found an NV4500 in Quebec, but I'm not sure I'll go for it. A little risky with the language barrier (my french is terrible) and it's 9 hours away. Undecided.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Not bad considering I don't have a welder.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is where I do all my work from. A cramped 8x10 shed plugged full of GMT400 parts and my tool collection that is getting pretty sizeable. Got the 96 in for some service in the pic:

Tool ****

Man oh man I wish I had a garage!!!

Reaction score
Looks like you are doing the same stuff I am doing to mine... I think we are running outta time if we want to be done by the time snow arrives. It looks good. I want to put Bushwacker flareson mine but they just cost too much. I bought new fenders and hood and my have to pick up a used door for the drivers side but we will see. Are you replacing fuel lines too?

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Tiny shop!

Size isn't everything...

How'd you get the cab corner on?

Magic :hidesbehindsofa:

:lol:

I actually put on a used cab corner (was a replacement) from my old truck. I just cut it off to size, made a couple brackets to hold it from the inside with indentations for the screws to sit in and fastened it in place. With a little bondo it turned out great and is solid as a rock. I don't have a pic of it finished yet, but it looks fine. Not perfect, but that's due to my sub-par bodywork skills, not the concept of not using a welder.

Looks like you are doing the same stuff I am doing to mine... I think we are running outta time if we want to be done by the time snow arrives. It looks good.

Thanks. And I agree...I want to get this done ASAP but I just don't have the time to work on it. I will have loads of time this winter...but it will be 20 below with 3 feet of snow on the ground by then...

I want to put Bushwacker flareson mine but they just cost too much. I bought new fenders and hood and my have to pick up a used door for the drivers side but we will see.

I like OEM style flares. Match the bodylines the best IMO.

Are you replacing fuel lines too?

Yes. Fuel and brake lines will be all new. After investing so much time, effort and money into the truck I might as well have something that will stop and won't catch fire.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Yuck. Put on that old rusty gas tank for now. Hate to do it, but the replacement I had was too full of junk to use. I'll run this for now till I get a new one.

With "new" shocks

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I bought a brand new tank on ebay from auto parts warehouse for $80 with free shipping back in spring. Try looking there.

Sent from ®obland

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Looks good! I started bed lining my frame yesterday, they look soo much better with fresh paint!

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I bought a brand new tank on ebay from auto parts warehouse for $80 with free shipping back in spring. Try looking there.

Sent from ®obland

Thanks for the suggestion, but the cost of getting stuff shipped to Canada is outrageous. I'll probably end up with a used one from somewhere, new ones are expensive here.