1994 GMC K2500 light duty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Looks good! I started bed lining my frame yesterday, they look soo much better with fresh paint!

Thanks. They sure do and it's worth taking your time and doing a good job. Stuff rusts extremely quick here, so I'm also walking the undercoating to 'er after she's painted. Then hopefully I'll be good for a winter or two.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Finally forked out the quid to buy a half decent jack/stands to replace what needed to be replaced for quite some time, so I could pull the transfer case.

I've heard of people pulling transfer cases without a jack. Good for you. I'm a 20 year old 6'4" 200 pound fisherman and am more than capable of pulling my weight, but decided I didn't have anything to prove to the world and dropped the $190 on it, and then got to work.

You must be registered for see images attach

Fresh outta the case. Just like Christmas.

About half an hour later...we have an NP241 sitting on my front deck
You must be registered for see images attach

All I will say is this: you need thick knuckles and a 15mm gear wrench to make this job go smooth.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New jack is nice. You get it from auto machinery today? You were out of the parking lot before i remembered where i noticed the truck from. Know of any 8 lug 14 bolts sf axles for sale?

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
New jack is nice. You get it from auto machinery today? You were out of the parking lot before i remembered where i noticed the truck from. Know of any 8 lug 14 bolts sf axles for sale?

Yes sir that would be me. What were you driving?

I might...what gear ratio are you looking for? There's a G80/4.10s in my parts truck I may be willing to part with.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Put the fuel lines together and fired it up today, for the first time in months. Amazingly no SES light.

Took a few minutes for it to smooth out, but she idled pretty well and even revved up decently. Definitely needs a complete tune up, but I'm happy.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes sir that would be me. What were you driving?

I might...what gear ratio are you looking for? There's a G80/4.10s in my parts truck I may be willing to part with.

I was there running the grader getting the parking lot ready to pave.

4.10's would match the Dana 60 I just picked up perfectly :) PM me with what ya think you would want for it.