1994 GMC K2500 light duty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
One of the things I already had for this truck is a set of OEM fender flares. Just had to try one on for a poser pic.

The truck is going to be a different colour as are the flares, but I think they'll look good.

You must be registered for see images attach

Actually used the truck to move some gravel around the yard for my driveway today. My ECLB was a little bit too long to back into the spot where I've got the gravel pile and I didn't feel like wheelbarrowing, so this old girl served me well

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
So I haven't done much to the truck other than move it around the yard every once in awhile. Still daily driving the '96 but I did do a little figuring as to plans.

Think I'm just going to keep the green paint but with a two tone, black lower half. The only bodywork I have to do is on the lower half of the truck, and the rest of the paint is in great shape. The flares will be black as well. Also priced out brand new Kelly Safari TSR 285s...should look nice

Found out what's wrong with the transmission: it's screwed!

:lol:

Drained the oil and got more chunks of gears, bearings and what have you than I've ever seen come out of something that still worked. Amazingly every gear functioned...how it never completely grenaded, I don't know.
Toying with the idea of rebuilding one. I don't trust junkyard NV3500s and 4500s are next near to impossible to find. If I ever do find one, I'd jump on it like a cat on a jumping mouse. But for now I may just stick with the POS 3500.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
So I haven't done much to the truck other than move it around the yard every once in awhile. Still daily driving the '96 but I did do a little figuring as to plans.

Think I'm just going to keep the green paint but with a two tone, black lower half. The only bodywork I have to do is on the lower half of the truck, and the rest of the paint is in great shape. The flares will be black as well. Also priced out brand new Kelly Safari TSR 285s...should look nice

Found out what's wrong with the transmission: it's screwed!

:lol:

Drained the oil and got more chunks of gears, bearings and what have you than I've ever seen come out of something that still worked. Amazingly every gear functioned...how it never completely grenaded, I don't know.
Toying with the idea of rebuilding one. I don't trust junkyard NV3500s and 4500s are next near to impossible to find. If I ever do find one, I'd jump on it like a cat on a jumping mouse. But for now I may just stick with the POS 3500.

Damn NV3500s.. mind you, mine was in the same shape and I still drove it daily. Slowly release the clutch and SHOVE it into 1st and 3rd gear, :lol:
Chunks in the tranny and in the rear end, she still got me home that day, hahaha.
Looks like a solid little project. That interior is mint! Love the cassette player delete pocket above cupholders.. always wanted one!

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
love the look of "2500s" look like they were built to work! i think the truck would look great with the factory color and a silver lower half!

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Damn NV3500s.. mind you, mine was in the same shape and I still drove it daily. Slowly release the clutch and SHOVE it into 1st and 3rd gear, :lol:
Chunks in the tranny and in the rear end, she still got me home that day, hahaha.
Looks like a solid little project. That interior is mint! Love the cassette player delete pocket above cupholders.. always wanted one!

Yeah, that's always fun. And thanks. I really like the interior, compared to my blue truck which is all beat to hell (except the dash of course...which I replaced). I'm not nearly as fussy about the outside of the truck as I am the inside (of course...because that's where I spend my time!). That was one of four reasons I picked this truck to fix up (the other being the 14 bolt and standard swap already conveniently done for me by GM, and the frame is almost perfect)

love the look of "2500s" look like they were built to work! i think the truck would look great with the factory color and a silver lower half!

Thanks! I have thought of that. Maybe I should try photoshopping it. My other truck is like that (except blue as the top colour).

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
There are ways to upgrade the light output on the w/t front end such as a bi xenon h4 hid kit and some good quality h4 conversion housings. Another option is one of Barons HD harnesses with H4 headlights. When I get home in the morning I will post the pics I have of my old 3500 with just the h4 housings and hid kit.

Sent from the middle of nowhere

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
There are ways to upgrade the light output on the w/t front end such as a bi xenon h4 hid kit and some good quality h4 conversion housings. Another option is one of Barons HD harnesses with H4 headlights. When I get home in the morning I will post the pics I have of my old 3500 with just the h4 housings and hid kit.

Thanks for the info Chris. Very interesting. I would like to keep the w/t grille. Very few people do, but I like the look of them. At least, the GMC ones. Not as big a fan of the 94+ Chevy w/t.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Chris. Very interesting. I would like to keep the w/t grille. Very few people do, but I like the look of them. At least, the GMC ones. Not as big a fan of the 94+ Chevy w/t.

This is a pic after I installed hids and barons harness along with my rigid dually lights.

You must be registered for see images attach