1994 Chevy C3500 Crew Cab Long Bed Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Also have to consider, i tow maybe 5% of the time. Most of the time my daily driver is me cruising around empty, 30 minute drive to work...

I've gotten bashed pretty good about my 350 choice, but honestly for me, it works.

Personally I wouldn't buy a C2500 or C3500 if it had anything other than a 350 in it. 454 sucks too much fuel and I will admit that I'm scared of 6.5s, lol

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I'm perfectly content with the 350, and yes it does have a lot of red.

That GMC grille mocked up on the truck isn't going on the truck, because its not even the right shade of red. If I decide to have another grill to swap in and out i'll have a GMC grill with a chrome bowtie or no bowtie at all. We'll see lol

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
GM Performance L31 Long Block

You must be registered for see images attach

And the rest... lol

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Also, here is what's in that Flowtech box....

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Also, adding one of these on the truck somewhere.. The 88-94 trucks only have 1 cigarette lighter, even 2 people there is sometime the need for more than one person to be charging a phone.... With a crew cab truck, and a technologically advancing world, its more than likely they'll be used. Going to have to find a stock looking place for it.

Now I spent a little extra money to get one made in the US so its not a piece of crap. This is intended for use in a boat. I will definitely be adding a fused circuit for it.

Also, I hate the location for aftermarket radios on these trucks, so I will likely be modifying a Belkin FM transmitter so its hard wired into a fused circuit.. Fused circuits just so it's protected against any electrical shenanigans. I don't add anything that doesn't have a fuse.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
So i had an extra 5.7 out of an 88 GMC K1500... really saved me from having to buy/rig up all the pulleys. What i like about this motor is it had a one piece pulley system that just bolts right to the block.

Also, over the weekend went to a local junkyard, looking for the TBI fuel pump wiring clip, and found some more goodies...

An extra center console.. $15

An extra cargo lamp switch that i can use for auxilary lighting..

and a chrome grill for the 93... now sporting PY0's and the original 6.5 bumper from the 94. Looks so much better.

Depending on how much time i have im hoping to get a good chunk of the motor work done this weekend, so i can finalize the list of remaining parts i need for the conversion. Should be close, just little odds and ends here and there.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a word of warning on that steel engine accessories bracket. They tend to crack. The 90-95 brackets are by far the better choice.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Just a word of warning on that steel engine accessories bracket. They tend to crack. The 90-95 brackets are by far the better choice.

Really, where do they crack? at the top in the middle?

Only reason I used that is because It was the motor I had. (88 5.7 out of a 350 and the pulleys/brackets just happened to fit.)

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really, where do they crack? at the top in the middle?

Only reason I used that is because It was the motor I had. (88 5.7 out of a 350 and the pulleys/brackets just happened to fit.)
Usually by the block on the passenger side or by the power steering pump.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Usually by the block on the passenger side or by the power steering pump.

Well that sucks. Unfortunately it's still probably going to end up on the motor just because that's the only parts motor I've got.

It definitely gives me something to be aware of though. Thanks for the information.