1994 Chev K1500 6.5 TD ECSB - Junkyard Rescue!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Maybe hock both the parts trucks and find a 4x4 that's in good running shape or put that money into your white one?
That's what I'd do, but then again, I've never seen a parts truck for under $1000 in my area,
Or maybe Solid Axle the brown one?

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Guess I should go all out or not at all. My white truck is my dd so I keep it clean and try doing very little to it, I actually have 3k ready to go into a new crate engine swap at some point this is a side project to kill time. I'd love to SAS the grey truck at some point, wheeling truck or boonies bashing truck!

So I guess I'll stick to my intentions and gut the brown truck to make what I want. I guess if it hasn't seen the highway in 10 years it'll see life under a different hood :D

gstubbz

Reaction score
An update!

Finally hauled the grey truck to the same spot as the brown truck, and if you're asking why a dodge to haul these because he has a trailer and will haul it in exchange for Copenhagen :D So ~$10 for 2 cans of Long Cut and he hauls it to his place and lets me keep it there, pretty good deal I think!

You must be registered for see images attach

Also I attempted to get the brown truck going with a brand new battery I bought yesterday. Well the starter works, but it just freespins so I think the flexplate is indeed snapped off or the starter has no teeth. No idea what I'll do, maybe just wing it and yank the engine and hope for the best.

The grey truck had a shitton of ghetto wiring in the inside (wish I took a pic!) so I spent the rest of my day cutting all that **** out.

Also found out that mice live in the brown truck and behind the air filter was a nest (which was the truck insulation) and on the air filter was mice piss. So I saw a mouse and stabbed the ************ with a screwdriver till I was satisfied!

So I think it's time to start removing stuff to yank the engine from the grey truck first. We'll see next weekend since these trucks live 30 miles away from my house and I burn a bunch of gas driving there and back every time.

Cool photo too, every truck but the green one is mine :D Green truck was an ex-forest service truck with a 350 and an sm465, I wish it was mine, crawls like crazy in low gear!

You must be registered for see images attach

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I have been following the heck out of this thread but I've never subscribed?? I'm loving what you're doing here!

gstubbz

Reaction score
What's the name of that color on that truck with the PY0's that you said was your color of choice?

I have no idea (looks like a blueish-green but don't know the exact name), but this is the blue I want. Bright blue metallic which was a 97 only color, I love it!

You must be registered for see images

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just trying to help you out here. The truck with back registration, is it in the kind of shape that you want to keep it but it isn't worth it? How much is the back registration?

gstubbz

Reaction score
Just trying to help you out here. The truck with back registration, is it in the kind of shape that you want to keep it but it isn't worth it? How much is the back registration?

The registration would be $1600 here in California (has been adding up back fees since 2004) when I checked the vin while non-opping the grey truck so sadly it's going to be parts at this point.

gstubbz

Reaction score
So another update. Didn't get to see the trucks this past weekend but I got a toolbox and a headache rack for it, traded a kid a Samsung Note 3 phone that I couldn't use anyway (I'm a hardcore Apple guy) so that is a stellar deal for me.

Also this weekend I plan to go out on Friday to start unhooking stuff on the engines and hopefully yank them out on Saturday and install the new engine on Sunday to hopefully have a running truck again. We shall see!