1994 Chev K1500 6.5 TD ECSB - Junkyard Rescue!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just bought a 94 ECSB 1500 6.5 myself... reading this was awesome. Saw your video on youtube a while back but never expected to find a build thread. Additives in the oil of the original engine didn't kill it, it was likely a cracked block or blown headgasket. Goop like that is small amounts of coolant getting into the oil.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Just bought a 94 ECSB 1500 6.5 myself... reading this was awesome. Saw your video on youtube a while back but never expected to find a build thread. Additives in the oil of the original engine didn't kill it, it was likely a cracked block or blown headgasket. Goop like that is small amounts of coolant getting into the oil.

Who knows at this point. He put the additive in the oil right before it blew up so we were all leaning on that for the blame. But start a build thread on your truck I want to see it! And thank you for your first post being on my thread! Join the community :)

gstubbz

Reaction score
Another important deal on the 3500HD... I was wondering who's trailer I would be borrowing to haul the long beast...

You must be registered for see images attach

I bought this tonight! $550 the guy needed to pay bills. It needs some work though for wiring and paint, and I also need to weld in a receiver to use a winch and make ramps because this thing is stupid tall. It's one hell of a heavy ass trailer that is also 20 feet!

Next thing is to get the truck and begin a build thread whenever that time arises! I'd like to get it in a week but there is just too much mud and other vehicles everywhere that makes me have to wait a bit.

Fun fact: This gas station is the first one I drove to in the original 6.5 to put diesel in it. The first half of the 6.5's life lived down the road between the RV park and the white house on the side!

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
I've got an update for all of you on this truck! Although it's more like the death of it rather than another resurrection. And I promised to post photos of it's fate whatever it may have been lol

It's missing some things like the back window, mirrors busted, tail light stolen, and other little things like that.

But the first major component is now removed from the truck...

A kid I know has a 98 ECSB 5.0/4L60e truck with the F44 package (light duty 2500 if you didn't know) and somehow managed to grenade the 14b semi float rear axle. The guy I bought my parts 95 k1500 from wanted me to remove the axle from it but it was a 10b and an unknown gear ratio. So I told the kid with the truck to go get the axle from my old 6.5 because it has 3.73s and it is a 14b semi float which is what he currently had.

So he sent me pictures of my poor old truck!

He ended up having the pay the junkyard $350 for that axle which I thought was pretty steep. But at least his truck is running around now with my old axle.

You must be registered for see images