1994 C2500 ...<insert something clever here>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Although I don't recommend or condone this approach but you could try a piece of wood placed vertically in each hinge and nicely push the door shut a little at a time to get the hinges back.

If tweaked hinges are the actual problem......

Also did the wind catch the door our were you parked down hill?

*DISCLAIMER!!!* I am in no way possible, responsible for any possible damage that could be cause by above said method. Proceed at your own risk and good judgement *DISCLAIMER*

you ruined my door! haha just kidding

naw I was in my garage and in the driver's seat and i was talking to someone and backing up and completely forgot the driver's door was wide open. i was only going to back up like 2 feet and the door got caught on the wall. stupid i know, i never do things like that. anyway i stopped immediately.

i went to a body shop today and they quoted me... guess how much? $1500. Yeah right. He wanted to charge me $75 to remove the fender and put it back which is okay but he said that's just to get a look in. If it requires hinges or the pillar thing is bent it's going to be steep. I was seriously contemplating selling the truck but good thing I got 2nd and 3rd advice. The 3rd place was this older man and he just got some pry bars and a tool to reshape the fender out and just got it pulled out and the door opened up. Thank god. he didn't charge anything either. very nice man.

Anyway I am going to plastidip the grille. What do you guys think looks better?

White grille to match the white paint? Or the black grille with the white paint like I have already? (it's actually more gray right now so black would look nice) I'm also going to smoke the parking and corner lights. Maybe I'll do a composite headlight conversion later but i dont want to sink in any more money at this point.

hard to get a vision of the whole truck but here goes.. excuse the quick photoshop job

You must be registered for see images attach

This is what I have now. black bumper and a dark gray grille

The first and second one are my favorite.

My first choice would be to just paint the entire truck gloss mirror finish black and also do the grille but dont have money for that

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I would do grill, bumpers, and rockers black, tint the marker/corner lights and say no go on blacked out headlights, you want some chrome in there and dont wanna block any of the light output by tinting the lense

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well just did it for the hell of it and finished about an hour ago. White matte plastidip. Lowes and home depot didn't have glossifier which I might add on. The contrast between the grill and the rest of the car is really outstanding but it was more of a test of how it would turn out. I may just do the entire car, one panel at a time. Maybe a panel a day and finish in 1 week. I might smoke the corners though I hate that bright orange. That or plastidip white right over it.

Anyway the contrast is pretty bad between the whites so I might just end up tearing it off and going with black. But I wanted to see what it would look like and how to spray it on cause I'm doing the chrome rims black.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's mac's truck over at FSC right? looks clean

Today i took the truck to an auto AC repair shop and they did an evaluation. Checked the pressure and they recommended I switch the AC pressure switch. I'm not sure which one but it's near the passenger's side firewall below the fuses and relays box. It's like a little tire valve looking thing that you screw on and then plug in an electrical socket to it. They didnt have the piece but told me I can get it and do it myself. I went to oreillys and got a replacement switch and swapped it out. The truck still cycles the AC compressor clutch on and off. The video of it that I posted earlier showed it switching really erratically and very rapidly. Today at the shop it didn't do that (yeah I know) but it did twitch and cycle. just not as crazy. It would pop off and kick back on every few seconds. I was trying to figure out WHAT could possibly be different that it didn't do it when he was testing the pressure but it did it 100% of the time RIGHT away when I turned the AC on. The ONLY thing he did different was he took the AC pressure switch off so that he can test the pressure. that's the only culprit.

Is it possible that bleeding freon (is that even correct? you can bleed freon through that valve right?) caused it to be better?
Normally when the compressor cycles google says it's low freon. Except my air is ice cold and pressure tested fine (static), no RPM.
This says that you could bleed out some freon http://www.bsntech.com/bsntech-blog...ycling-on-and-off-in-car-air-conditioner.html

I would like to try this cause I think that's what helped it go from completely erratic and rapid to slower. Does anyone know how to do this and how much to do? I noticed if you screw the pressure switch on all the way it will release air or whatever is coming out of that hole.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Its big macs truck, and yes you can push in that valve stem and bleed freon from the system, typically i dont run it to a certain pressure i run it til it starts blowing cold

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Can we get some more daytime pics? I'm starting to consider a BL after seeing how little frame they show on 2wd...