1994 C2500 ...<insert something clever here>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Normally the pump is definitely noticeable

Sent from somewhere in MN

Hmm I'm going to have to double check this once the new battery is in. In the case that I don't hear it, is it possible that the fuel pump was shot and I could still drive the truck? I doubt it but seems a little strange to me if it really needs replacing.
Does anyone know of any aftermarket fuel pumps that are on the cheaper side price wise?

gd1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm I'm going to have to double check this once the new battery is in. In the case that I don't hear it, is it possible that the fuel pump was shot and I could still drive the truck? I doubt it but seems a little strange to me if it really needs replacing.
Does anyone know of any aftermarket fuel pumps that are on the cheaper side price wise?

Like I said, it could just be the fuel pump relay.. The truck won't run if the fuel pump is shot. Take the gas cap off, and put your ear up to the filler hole. Get someone to turn the key on (but don't try to start it) and you should be able to hear it run. Once you get a new battery, do that test. If you cant hear the pump run, but if you crank the engine over, it cranks for a long time, but then starts (like you say it normally does) then it's just the relay.

gd1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Normally the pump is definitely noticeable

He won't hear the pump if the relay is shot. The circuit will use the oil pressure sensor to activate. The pump won't run with key on engine off, as oil pressure must be over 4psi (cranking for instance) before the circuit will energize

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
dude , like I told you in the tire thread, you need to get rid of the useless you just installed on this truck, sell those ugly wheels, get your back to stock shape and spend you money on getting your running right before you start modding, this is the biggest mistake alot of folks make, they buy a used vehicle and start buying all this useless bling crap and don't put a dime into getting the truck caught up on maintenance, and it never fails, soon as they have spent all their money on shiny rims and stereos and junk, their either blows up or won't start and they don't know the first place to look. you installed a lift kit and you can't even afford tires, look on craigslist for some used stock rims and tires someone else has make the mistake of swapping out and try and atleast charge your battery before you waste money on a new one.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude , like I told you in the tire thread, you need to get rid of the useless you just installed on this truck, sell those ugly wheels, get your back to stock shape and spend you money on getting your running right before you start modding, this is the biggest mistake alot of folks make, they buy a used vehicle and start buying all this useless bling crap and don't put a dime into getting the truck caught up on maintenance, and it never fails, soon as they have spent all their money on shiny rims and stereos and junk, their either blows up or won't start and they don't know the first place to look. you installed a lift kit and you can't even afford tires, look on craigslist for some used stock rims and tires someone else has make the mistake of swapping out and try and atleast charge your battery before you waste money on a new one.

Dude.... Chill out. You are freaking out over stuff like this?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He won't hear the pump if the relay is shot. The circuit will use the oil pressure sensor to activate. The pump won't run with key on engine off, as oil pressure must be over 4psi (cranking for instance) before the circuit will energize

I know that. He asked how loud the pump is so i told him! Chill....

Last edited:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
^^^this. Let the guy make his own decisions. You obviously can't force him. And that approach is only going to turn him off, so try something a little nicer to get your point across.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also dont bother with an after market fuel pump unless you want to do it again in a year. Get an OEM fuel pump. For a 94 its cheap.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
I hate stupid people... and I can't believe you guys didn't tell him the same I told him,, I'm sick of pandering to stupid people. how the do you think we have the idiot in the white house now? and the idiots in congress they are the stupid ass everyone is a winner and no one gets spanked generation. Where the has common sense gone.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I agree that the world in general is going downhill but an internet chat/info forum is not the place to dish out life lessons. Especially in the guys build thread. Send him a PM if you feel inclined to act like this. -rep